Monkey Man's avatar...

• A precedent has been set by the forum mods by asking Monkey Man to change avatars due to other users' demands. Wtf? The avatar couldn't possibly cause anyone any offence and smacks to me of bullying by proxy. Monkey Man has his fans, but also apparently rubs people up the wrong way (as revealed by a recent thread, where in my opinion one particular user over stepped the mark and got personal in his opinion of him), and people requesting the mods to step in and get him to change his avatar to "something more appropriate that blends in more easily" can only be because of their negative opinion of him. How that can be considered grounds for the mods to follow through bewilders me.

I don't know Monkey Man personally, but know that the whole situation has upset him considerably, especially as there appears to be double standards at work (I could list dozens of avatars that wouldn't be deemed relevant on a guitar-related forum). Truly, I hope this isn't the case, as I really enjoy this forum and have found lots of help and knowledge amongst the (predominantly) well-mannered and pleasant users and mods, but this whole situation has soured things for me to the point that I am cutting down my activity in the public forums.

Thanks for reading and any response.
    Sam

• LOL I can't, Robman. Funny pic mate.

I'm speechless and overwhelmed. I'm not used to folks' "standing up" for me out of the blue like this.

Sam is not only a gentleman, but boy, this kid's got cojones! Thank you all and Samdry (I know, I've lost my mojo), for this expression of support.

My avatar is part of my online identity in all forums, and if I can't use it, I'll not use one at all. I'm fine with it, really... sort of. I mean, yeah sure, it bothered me but I'm over it now; it's not my forum, so I've complied with the direction I've been given.

I've done my utmost to not be a distraction this past month, so I'm going to crawl back into my little tree hole and pray there're no fireworks!

• I don't know why your avatar is gone but this stuff is getting beyond silly. We can't be bullied any more.
    I wish whoever removed your avatar would flip mine right side up. That I would find acceptable .
    Hang in there man... Oops, maybe I'm not allowed to say that . ;(

• Wasn't the avatar just a grinning chimpanzee?

If that's offensive, I'd like to understand how and why. I like to think I'm very polite and have reasonable empathy skills but this is a mystery to me to be honest. I've no issue with obeying rules - this is the manufacture's forum and therefore it's up to them how to run the place but either I'm missing a deeper point (possible!) or this is going far beyond normal 'netiquette'.

There seem to be a few regular posters departing right now or posting less and this is a real shame. I really hope that this trend can be stopped and reversed - in my opinion, 99% of people here contribute something in terms of help, ideas, solutions, comradeship (with the product as the focus) and humour. It needs to be a nice, welcoming place and it's the people who live here AND the people who own it that make that happen.

• Yeah, this is ridiculous! Are they going to tell us which avatar can we use?
    There was nothing wrong with Monkey_Man's avatar.
    This kind of political "correctness" is going to lead us to hell. Please stop it.
    Or maybe it's revenge to Monkey_man's thread about tight ship? ... I hope it's not.

From now, I have inappropriate avatar too to show support to @Monkey_Man. As you can see on the avatar, there is no smile on my face.
    Rather I am thinking what's happening to this forum....?

Mods, feel free to tell me I have to change it.

• Just stumbled over this thread wich finally explains to me why Monkey Man has no Avatar image. I wondered about this because I almost overlooked his post lacking the well known picture :)
    I cannot comprehend that someone can think of a this picture to be inappropriate or he was forced to remove it hust for that. I thought we all are here to talk about our Kemper and not about what kind of avatars to chose or not..