Monkey Man's avatar...

• Support for Monkey Man!
    Down with "offended" individuals!

And to keep it relatively on topic, here's a groovy tune which i think would have been helped immensely back in the day by having access to a Kemper Profiler. :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• just discovered the thread... I'm speechless.

one's freedom stops where the other's start. I can't tell where the offense is or if there has been any, but IMO this is not something that needs to be taken care of by mods. we're grown ups, this place is the most estimate forum I've ever been part of, Wise music men sharing useful info and jokes.

monkey_mate, you have my support

• Monkey_Man, you now how I feel about all this, and you. Great to see the support of the community in times of such bizarre censorship. You may not want this outpouring, but you've earned it.

We love you Nicky.

(chomp chomp... good banana that was... hmmm) ^^

Gary ô¿ô

• I was wondering why I started seeing all the monkey avatars, now I know. I don't get it but do respect that this is not 'our' website and that the Kemper team has to act at their own discretion to make this a 'safe and happy place' for us all. I can't help but think that whomever reached out to them might have achieved a much more peaceful and amicable solution by reaching out to Nicky privately on the matter. I truely respect the class, professionalism and courtesy Nicky is displaying and how he is handling the matter.

With all of that said, I can't imagine how anyone would interpret his choice of avatar as offensive given the humor, character and out-going demeanor he has shown as both a valued contributor, ice-breaker and provider of moral support on this forum. I think whomever started this owes Nicky an apology - public or private, and we collectively should all back off from trying to assign blame or motive to the Kemper team.

• I'm with the monkey. I like this forum because of the mainly well considered and totally professional help you can get when stuck, the monkey himself is a prime example. Philosophically, I'm uncomfortable with censorship based on the offense of others. I'm tempted to quote Stephen Fry here but that might be offensive

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I was wondering why I started seeing all the monkey avatars, now I know. I don't get it but do respect that this is not 'our' website and that the Kemper team has to act at their own discretion to make this a 'safe and happy place' for us all. I can't help but think that whomever reached out to them might have achieved a much more peaceful and amicable solution by reaching out to Nicky privately on the matter. I truely respect the class, professionalism and courtesy Nicky is displaying and how he is handling the matter.

With all of that said, I can't imagine how anyone would interpret his choice of avatar as offensive given the humor, character and out-going demeanor he has shown as both a valued contributor, ice-breaker and provider of moral support on this forum. I think whomever started this owes Nicky an apology - public or private, and we collectively should all back off from trying to assign blame or motive to the Kemper team.

I would try very hard to understand that, if that was own mods decision. But as I heard it was someone on this forum who felt offended by the avatar I am carrying now. I really feel bad for the people that have no sense of humor LOL.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1bewyg.jpg]

• we collectively should all back off from trying to assign blame or motive to the Kemper team.

For me it's not blaming the Kemper team.
    For me it is a protest against an unreasonable discrimination, whoever is responsible for that. (has nothing to do with "to make everybody happy""
    It shows that maybe more people are against that than the one who did not like an avatar.

• For me it's not blaming the Kemper team.For me it is a protest against an unreasonable discrimination, whoever is responsible for that. (has nothing to do with "to make everybody happy""
    It shows that maybe more people are against that than the one who did not like an avatar.

I think of it this way, my two young daughters were constantly squealing on each other to make the other lose privileges. My wife and I never revoked either privileges based on squealing because we wanted to teach them to help each other and not tattle tale just to be spiteful, now they get along much better and they're not constantly saying :she did this or she did that!

This is much worse as there really is nothing offensive and these are adults not children (I wonder about that), all there is is someone being spiteful and the moderators shouldn't cave in to any cry baby.

If I was the moderator I would have said: "If the monkey avatar offends you, you have the choice to put the user on "ignore" and you won't see the monkey avatars"

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think of it this way, my two young daughters were constantly squealing on each other to make the other lose privileges. My wife and I never revoked either privileges based on squealing because we wanted to teach them to help each other and not tattle tale just to be spiteful, now they get along much better and they're not constantly saying :she did this or she did that!
    This is much worse as there really is nothing offensive, all there is is someone being spiteful and the moderators shouldn't cave in to any cry baby.

If I was the moderator I would have said: "If the monkey avatar offends you, you have the choice to put the user on "ignore" and you won't see the monkey avatars"

This!

• Ridiculous, people got nothing better to do with their time?

I think the people who wanted it changed and complained should make themselves known here and explain to everyone why they feel that should be.

Just seems to be me like cowardly, sly and anonymous online bullying to me.

• I'm a cold Italian pizza...

External Content www.youtube.com

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)