Short review of foot controllers for Kemper

• I have several footcontrollers that can control my Kemper, The Remote, RJM Mastermind GT 16 and BJ Devices TB 12.
    To me Bj Devices TB MIDI footcontroller is maybe the best value for money if you compare functionality, price and size.
    First I bought The Kemper Remote. The plus is that is get powered from the Kemper via the Cat cable, and its easy to use.
    What I dont like with the Remote is that you have to use it in performance mode and scences to get the most out of it.
    If you are used presets the you can use browser mode, but you can not assign preset to the easy way.
    You have to rename the presets with a number before the preset as the remote choose preset alphabetic or by number before the name.
    You can assign tap, tuner and looper switch other functions, but they dont have any LED indication for on/off status.
    The four expression pedals input can only control morph,wah,vol or pitch. You control almost any parameters with morph pedal, but not separate.
    If you want to use the morph to control gain, you can not control other parameters with another exp pedal like reverb or delay mix.
    All have to be done at the same time with the morph pedal, and that means if you want to blend in reverb without adjust the gain. It is not possible.
    We can hope this will be possible in future firmware versions. :) Another thing is that display is not backlit and can be difficult to see in some light conditions.
    The Rjm Mastermind GT can do almost anything, all switches and exp pedals can be assign to CC# or NRPN.
    It has 4 exp inputs and 4 ext switch inputs, backlit displays for each switch ,a large master display, plus a great PC/Mac editor.
    The master display has a great tuner with arrows that shows when you are in tune, and it shows preset names on Kemper.
    The downside with the Rjm is the price, ext. powersupply and need two MIDI cables to work.
    So to the newcommer from Russia BJ Devices. I have the TB12, it has 12 switches with 3 color LED indication that can be assign to almost anything,
    backlit display, 2 exp pedal inputs that can be assign to control any CC# in the Kemper and 2 relay outputs to control ext equipment.
    The display has a great tuner with arrows that indicate when you are in tune and shows preset names on Kemper.
    It works great in both performance or browser mode with no lag on the diplay when changing scenes, and preset can be assign to any switch in browser mode without renaming the preset.
    Presets and IA switches have different LED colors. What I really like about the TB12 is that is´s almost the same size as the Remote, have less weight, almost half price, and can do so much more.
    The customer support is great, I mailed and asked if it was possible to use a switch with LED indication to control slow/fast tremolo speed with user slow and fast vaules by NRPN control.
    Four days later I received a new beta firmware with that function. Whowww...
    The only downside is ext. powersupply and that it need two MIDI cabels like the Rjm.

Kemper Stage, KPA head, Remote, JH Audio Lola IEM, Shure PSM 900 wireless System, L-Acoustics 108P active FRFR monitor.

• Hi, I'm trying to find the BJ Devices TB 6 Midi pedal for my Kemper I just bought, and I can't find the pedals to purchase anywhere. The website says "Sold out" on all pedals. Anyone know what happened to this company or where I can find these pedals to purchase?

Thanks

Mr Slate

• Hi, I'm trying to find the BJ Devices TB 6 Midi pedal for my Kemper I just bought, and I can't find the pedals to purchase anywhere. The website says "Sold out" on all pedals. Anyone know what happened to this company or where I can find these pedals to purchase?

Thanks

Mr Slate

Just email them. He was always super quick to respond to me.