What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Didn't know her...

Same here. Very nice. And a big bunch of people for this small space 8o

The Tiny Desk Concert series has such jewels in it... great format and big stars did it as well. Remember that I even saw Sting & Shaggy there some time ago. Like Sting's bass sound so much here...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think this guy is very little known.. fantastic jazz or country guitarist!! cannot understand why he recorded only few albums.. love the bendings in this songs.. I found them extremely beautiful.. love his sound... everything.. :)))

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

very interesting interview with him - Buddy Fite:

http://www.hagstrom.org.uk/buddy_fite.htm

• here is what I listen to when I need an ear recalibration.

Mix is so perfect as every single instrument is cristal clear.

And this looks like a real live take : when closely looking at every breath from the falsettos , it seems in perfect sync.

I guess this is what you get with a full pro orchestra , world class musicians and a full team of engineers.

Pretty amazing prod from the past , who does this nowadays ?

• Sounds almost too good for a "live" recording :/

That big Neumann (?) would pick up a lot of other

instruments like horns and drums in the room ...... :P

I would think it´s a playback video :/

Never the less , it reminds me of these guys.

Not as good, but funny :D

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I know for a minute ... a tragedy. These are common words, but we have lost a legend. Without he, there would be NO modern guitar playing today. At least it wouldn't be THIS. Rest In Peace, Eddie.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• RIP Eddie. Jamie's Cryin'.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Goosebumps all the way, bro'. One of my fave songs from my youth.

I take great encouragement from the fact that they wrote the lyrics other than the main chorus hook, "Tragedy", after recording the song. In most cases lyrics are an afterthought for me too; the focus and inspiration are the music itself 99% of the time. That's an accurate figure, BTW - 3 out of 300 = 1%.

All that remains is to somehow write classic songs like Barry and his brothers did. Unlikely. :pinch: :D

• One of my fave songs from my youth.

Same here mate. I still have a small box with a handful of the old "mix tapes" from my youth. Useless stuff nowadays but kinda sentimental artefacts I kept for whatever reason. On virtually all of them this song is present. Always somewhere in the middle of the mix... the anchor in the mix 8o8)

• Saw them live in Seattle just after this album was released. I remember many of the security guys had Disco Sucks t-shirts on. I'm a classic rock guy but always loved the Bee Gees, all the way back to their early stuff. Didn't understand the disco backlash they faced. Great talents. Thanks for sharing that.

• Disco dismantled live performances for Rock Bands for almost 10 years in the U.S.

All the clubs hired DJ's and stopped booking live Music. Blues and Jazz joints paid very little.

Country & Western bars thrived and paid well so many of us went for it.

Disco did suck and heavy drinking was the order of the day.

• Disco dismantled live performances for Rock Bands for almost 10 years in the U.S.

All the clubs hired DJ's and stopped booking live Music. Blues and Jazz joints paid very little.

Country & Western bars thrived and paid well so many of us went for it.

Disco did suck and heavy drinking was the order of the day.

Maybe so Muddy. I was referring to the Bee Gees specifically who predate disco by a decade and should not be lumped in with the rest of the prefab juice. Also, The Seattle live scene didn't take that much of a hit from Disco. Lots of great venues thrived and great bands.