What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Very cool! It's a shame more people don't know them.

Jeffro

I'll second that... Killer band, every member and killer tunes. Hadn't listened in a while, the 2012 release is cool too.

Thanks for posting them.

Did a couple gigs opening for them in Dallas in the 90s, nice dudes as well.

Now I have to pull that first Haji's disk out of my vault!

Spotify, iTunes, Bandcamp, etc... Lugosi Smile

• Don't ask me how, I just found this old CD today. The Icelandic masters from a time when even hip-hop meant actually playing music on instruments.

Quarashi - Stick 'em Up:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Glad they got that immortal term, "sucker MC" in there, Tibor; it was mandatory back in the '90s and this performance was 2002. :D

And in the 80's it was mandatory with YEAAAAH! LET's GOOO!!! in metal songs. :D And at least one song needed to have the word insane baked in to.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Nicky, totally! My favorite part of the lyrics is the Darth Vader mention:

Like Darth Vader, I surprise you with my skills

I knock your old ass out like a bag of sleeping pills

Deep. Going to have to re-watch all the SW episodes with Vader as I don't quite recall him taking sleeping pills. 8o

• Those were not the pharmaceuticals he was looking for...

oie_8J0SrVaVvY5Z.png

• So I am checking out the new Halestorm album (I guess not that new but still...). Love Lzzy Hale's voice and generally like their music.

Then I hear the chorus for this song "Do Not Disturb".

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And it takes me a minute to realize that it reminds me very very much of Nickelback's Rockstar

Pretty sure you could sing the lyrics for one over the other's music. Rockstar is a cool song just not sure we need more than one of it ;)

• Morning Kempers!

Music is Key.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• New Opeth album is amazing....way more old school, operatic, proggy feel and all clean vocals.

• This is the case of one click leads to another, so I apologize in advance...

It is pretty funny, this dude is playing Kill Em All songs all in a major scale. Old video but if you have not yet seen it, I recommend it.

Sounds a lot like Van Halen to me :P

Edit: Forgot to mention, all on a Kemper.

8)

• This music with its 53 "semitones" per octave is just so eye.... I mean ear-opening and beautiful.

Turkish kanun artist Aytac Dogan

Now I want a kanun, too bad they are extremely expensive in the US and I would not even know how to tune it.

Edit: I need a Kemper profile for this. I know that the notes will be approximate, it's just that the instrument sounds so good!

• External Content youtu.be