What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• I have literally hardly touched a guitar in nearly a month due to tendonitis and neck/shoulder/elbow/wrist pain (I’m actually one finger typing this with an ice pack on my arm). It has been a pretty depressing month but I stumbled across this yesterday and found it massively inspirational.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edit - Just noticed that GearJocke already posted this. A man of impeccable taste sir ?

• I have literally hardly touched a guitar in nearly a month due to tendonitis and neck/shoulder/elbow/wrist pain (I’m actually one finger typing this with an ice pack on my arm). It has been a pretty depressing month but I stumbled across this yesterday and found it massively inspirational.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edit - Just noticed that GearJocke already posted this. A man of impeccable taste sir ?

It is so incredibly overwhelming. I can't stop watching this over and over again since GearJocke posted it some days ago. Not only because it has this great virtuosity of Mr. Vai and those tasteful lines. But also because of the incredible joy this man shows when doing this. Pure dedication :thumbup:8)

P.S.: Best wishes for quick recovery Alan, hope it gets well soon.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Elegant Gypsy was my first introduction to Al Di Meola way back in the early 80’s. Still struggling to learn Race With Devil properly up to tempo. The lick at 1:04 is part of the reason I have knackered my elbows ? but it has been fun trying ?

• Hey, Alan.

I have literally hardly touched a guitar in nearly a month due to tendonitis and neck/shoulder/elbow/wrist pain (I’m actually one finger typing this with an ice pack on my arm). It has been a pretty depressing month but I stumbled across this yesterday and found it massively inspirational.

I'm sorry you're having a rough month. Heal up soon buddy.

In the meantime - if you can't stay away from the computer - if you are running a Windows 10 box, try
    Windows key + h to try voice dictation.

Cheers,

ST

• Elegant Gypsy was my first introduction to Al Di Meola way back in the early 80’s. Still struggling to learn Race With Devil properly up to tempo. The lick at 1:04 is part of the reason I have knackered my elbows ? but it has been fun trying ?

I first heard him with Return to Forever shortly after replacing Bill Connors, and though I wasn't initially impressed with his sound, his technical prowess was evident. For me, his acoustic playing is where he really shines, and in such distinguished company that's no mean feat ....

• :thumbup: Top 10 on Spotify ........ Not X/

I wish they had tuned their guitars before entering the stage though :rolleyes:

Paco shines brighter here 8|

IMO Bill Connors was the best guitarist in all of the Return To Forever line ups ......

Then he became a bleak Holdsworth copy cat ......

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• External Content youtu.be

Dude, so sorry to hear this. Take care, rest it ( resist the temptation to push it until healed) and get better soon!

• Harmonic minor massacre as it should be done correctly.I wonder why it took so long since the early 80s..

• Harmonic minor massacre as it should be done correctly.I wonder why it took so long since the early 80s..

I thought I'd posted Unlucky Morpheus' CADAVER / REVADAC video somewhere in the forum before, but I can't find the link, so here 'tis again 'cause IMHO it's an incredible effort.

For those who don't realise whilst listening, the song is played forwards then backwards, note-for-note:

• I thought I'd posted Unlucky Morpheus' CADAVER / REVADAC video somewhere in the forum before, but I can't find the link, so here 'tis again 'cause IMHO it's an incredible effort.

For those who don't realise whilst listening, the song is played forwards then backwards, note-for-note:

Yeah, I remember this video .... And I think there was a live video as well (?)

As for the "forward & backward", only the video is reversed, not the audio / music ..... Or ? :/

Cheers !

• I thought I'd posted Unlucky Morpheus' CADAVER / REVADAC video somewhere in the forum before, but I can't find the link, so here 'tis again 'cause IMHO it's an incredible effort.

I have seen it.Great shred stuff..no doubt..

But what I meant with my post was this:Why did it took so long for a "neoclassical electric guitar/violin showdown"???

I expected that to happen decades ago with some Yngwie or Gilbert inviting a big name violin player doing something like that.But it never happened.

One reason might be that in the 80s-90s no "serious classical musician" would have even thought about to do something like this with a heavy metal rock guitar player????I guess this is true.

From what I have experienced with classical trained musicians specially 20-30 years ago..this was completely out of their comfort zone.

Luckily today and after acts like "Apocalyptica" and many other classical/rock collaborations (thanks to metallica!!) And some "weird japanese shred kids" trying absolutely "everything (im)possible" one could imagine things start to finally take the "experimental approach" way..as they always should.

Introducing classical/ethno/acoustical instruments to rock and metal shred may keep things interesting.Which is vital to keep things fresh and new.

This is really my opinion.. I believe that..

• Oh, I understood what you meant Nikos and I agree, mate. :thumbup:

Seeing Unlucky Morpheus reminded me straight-away of the forward<->backward thing so I figured I'd post it for those who haven't heard it yet.

Yeah, I remember this video .... As for the "forward & backward", only the video is reversed, not the audio / music ..... Or ? :/

No mate, the whole thing is played backwards. IIRC even the vocals were reversed at a phonetic level, but I could be wrong about that. If indeed they were, they wouldn't have made any sense to those who understand Japanese.

• No mate, the whole thing is played backwards. IIRC even the vocals were reversed at a phonetic level, but I could be wrong about that. If indeed they were, they wouldn't have made any sense to those who understand Japanese.

Oh , now I get it. They turned the music sheet "upside down" and recorded the song from the end to start .....

Hence no backwards sound like reversed cymbals and so on ...... My bad :wacko:

Cheers !

• My daily dose of humilty :

External Content www.youtube.com

on a squier !