What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Whew, I was just about to post that clip LMAO! Great line-up! :thumbup:

• Glad you like it Shawn.

Obviously it's not just the lineup; Chick's bands are always-stellar in this regard.

IMHO this particular performance stands out for the reasons I stated. There's even a little shredding for those that-way inclined, which here in Kemper Land™ is possibly a disturbing majority. :D

EDIT:
    Listened to it 4 times now and I reckon it's a bit of a classic.

• I've been listening to The Winery Dogs lately, and they're pretty awesome. 3-piece super group, Mike Portnoy on drums/vocals, Billy Sheehan on bass/vocals, and Richie Kotzen singing lead and playing guitar.

They are all just fantastic, so tight, and I real enjoy the writing...actually this deserves a crosspost to the virtuoso thread...I'll post one of my favorites here and another there. :D

I like listening to this band more live than recorded, which is something only shared with Big Wreck. I usually don't like to watch to live stuff that much.But they're just such a pleasure to listen to live. Masters of their craft, and great songwriters.

First song in the set is great for me. Great demo of everyone's skills.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Almost bought Ritchie's Sig axe a few weeks ago but the neck is a bit chunkier than I like. Nice axe - great Band!

A friend of mine just recently turned me onto them...same guy that finally got me listening to Big Wreck...God bless him. :D

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• RIP, Aretha Franklin. Such sad news.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Dude...
    Killer voice, and a legacy that just cannot be denied.
    "Think" makes jump around like a madman.
    Respect is just so classic, it's incredible.
    RIP baby!

• External Content www.youtube.com

8o

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• GJ never disappoint me. Cheers.

Music is Key.

• Had the pleasure to see Jakub Zytecki recently and here is my favourite album, enjoy it.

Music is Key.

Beautiful track!

• Indeed, AJ. Easily one of Marty's most-melodic efforts IMHO.

Speaking of melody, here's a band our German friends and possibly some others in the EU would have heard of, but that most of the rest of us mightn't have even 'though they've been around since 2007 IIRC: Kissin' Dynamite (Germany). Super-catchy, melodic and mostly-fun stuff.

'80s-influenced metal / hard rock, I s'pose you could call it. Here's a selection of clips that have decent guitar breaks along with their latest two singles. Note the way the singer's voice projects, pokes out of the mix and its clarity and diction. Oh, if only all rock singers were this easy-to-understand!

Bottom line 'though is that this band has my respect 'cause it "gets it". There's an obvious sense of musicality about it; I don't know how else to put it.

"Six Feet Under" from 2012:

"Hashtag Your Life" from 2 years ago. Love the way the dudes at the urinals don't see the chicks 'cause of their 'phone habits. :D

"DNA" from 2014. Very-interesting substitution of what would normally be go-to EDM synth hooks with... guitar, of course!

"I Will Be King" from 2012:

"Running Free" from 2015:

2nd-latest single, "I've Got the Fire":

... and the latest. Super-poppy and also very-catchy, this one:

• Also check out Ulli Jon Roth's set (killer)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• I dont usually like these "comedy" takes , but this was really well done

Ash

These guys were killing it at Lockn

• If you want to party....

I like him since he was working with Steve Vai.

With his solo project he is amazing. Pure energy and Anneke is great too.