What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• ... or what's underneath it.

I was struck by the contrast between the verse and chorus 'verb levels on the lead vox. Listen to verse 1 leading into chorus 1. It's overdone IMHO, and too-obvious; a little space on the chorus vox would've been appropriate.

Also, the lead guitar sounded stifled / constricted / choked. Also "overdone".

I don't usually comment on such things in this thread 'cause it's about the art, but in this case I don't think the engineer and producer did the band any favours.

• Must have been that it was the bass player who mixed it and naturally he was only thinking dum-dum-dum, da-da-dum, ... and all of it in drop D half step down.

Btw, the bass and guitar players seem to be clones of one another, pretty cool. ;)

• excellent artist that I did not know until last week :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

very cool grooves and laid back style, the guy is also a skater.

• Track 1 is so George Benson doing Take Five it's not funny!

Nice one, Renaud. 8)

I've been loving listening to Senri Kawaguchi lately.

This is Flux Capacitor from her album Cider ~ Hard and Sweet, and I love it:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    8)

• This is what a guitar was built to do.8)

• This is what a guitar was built to do.8)

heard he was in bad condition for a long time and it's so cool to see him back in the saddle again. He's def a cool bluesman

• I can look past all of that, being an 80s man that listens to a lot of great but poorly produced records. What was unforgivable was the hard auto tune on the vocals from the word go. Like the producer just drew some lines in Variaudio and that was it.

• Yes, so when I was getting captivated by the bass line on that song I took a mental note that she does not quite have the vocal clarity and power like (for example) Lzzy Hale has.

Then I buy the album, start listening to it in the car and when I got to Violation, I almost drove off the road. She does a great fry!

Check it out, I wish she kept it like that on more of the songs:

• I can look past all of that, being an 80s man that listens to a lot of great but poorly produced records. What was unforgivable was the hard auto tune on the vocals from the word go. Like the producer just drew some lines in Variaudio and that was it.

Yeah, there seem to be many indicators that it was a budget production overall, AJ.

That's not to take anything away from the music, for anyone who thinks we're being "mean". :saint:

KC inspired me to have discipline in music, thanks..this is epic!

• Doyle Bramhall II ..... Shades

External Content m.youtube.com

• Many nice styles in there. From Bob James over Pat Metheny to Weather Report. Thx for !

New Dream Theater song! And it's amazing!