What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• This is such a shame but I just discovered Karnivool a few days ago.

Another Aussie band that I just wish came to the US touring. I bet Monkey_Man and my bro ashtweth will go see them live:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(I am still personally pissed that Airbourne has not made it here ever since I discovered them. ;))

Edit: because lacking basic typing skillz

• Yeah Tibor, they're from the state of Western Australia.

If you have SD3 and you bought the Progressive Foundry expansion, I believe their drum kit is amongst the sampled collection. The pack was made in a little-known studio I did some "practical" work in called Sing Sing (in Melbourne) for one of my AE Dips in back in the '90s.

The dude who recorded and engineered the pack works with Karnivool too.

• At last a good live recording of miss Faye , the most promising guitarist I've seen in a loooong time. I cannot stand watching shred type vids on you tube anymore , I'm much more into soulful players like her.

Her style is so unique & refreshing , and her tone is so good , finger style , semi hollow, fender amp & spring verb ,a looper, but no Fx

Does anyone recognize the fender amp type ?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• KAT - polish metal band <3

External Content youtu.be

Edited 2 times, last by skoczy ().

• Nonstop listening to this masterpiece. Sorry, is not for everyone, but I am addicted to this album and the atmosphere.

• Speaking of addiction.... this Karnivool thing is playing out in a way that now I have a (relatively) really expensive copy of the CD Themata coming my way since they did not have a reasonably priced one on Amazon....

.... I know I bought the reasonably priced digital Karnivool albums on Amazon too.

Listening to Sadness while I type this, I really think I should watch politicians talking or cats slipping on ice instead of following this thread, that would be a significantly cheaper alternative :P

• Speaking of addiction.... this Karnivool thing is playing out in a way that now I have a (relatively) really expensive copy of the CD Themata coming my way since they did not have a reasonably priced one on Amazon....

.... I know I bought the reasonably priced digital Karnivool albums on Amazon too.

Listening to Sadness while I type this, I really think I should watch politicians talking or cats slipping on ice instead of following this thread, that would be a significantly cheaper alternative :P

A few weeks ago I was listening to Sound Awake from Karnivool in the car with my son. Next days I "caught" him l listening to Karnivool on utube.

I said: "Sounds quite a bit like Tool, but ....." and he: "Who is "Tool", never heard of them? (He DID for sure nonstop ... as a baby).

Me again: "THE Tool, the band also famous for the creepy videos...you could even watch on MTV...

He: MTV? Aah I heard of that, but what is that again exactly?

Me: Forget about it, but you'll like it (handing over my Tool discs...)

• Ever wonder where the term ‘natural reverb’ comes from?

• In the past hour:

• Oh, I'm the last one.

Relaxation after work, this time with pop music from the era when popular music was played with musical instruments (and with talent) and there were melodies. ;)

Edited once, last by balazs ().

• to chill out

extra goodness:

• First single was great, but this is PURE PERFECTION for me!! John Arch has such an unique voice. If you are into old Fates Warning this is a godsend track:

• Old school. Check out solo @3:00

• Evergrey is a prog/power/melodic metal band from Sweden. They've been working for a long time.

I think they are one of the best melodic metal bands today. Their style is unique to others.

Emotional vocals, often epic tunes, strong guitar riffs, dark-toned moods.

Their latest album 'The Atlantic' was released early this year. It's worth listening to more of their videos.

• External Content www.youtube.com