What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I love the Crüe's self titled album with John Corabi from '94.

Many fans don't like it because Vince doesn't sing on it but I think it's probably their best album musically.

Plus it sounds great because of Bob Rock.

• balazs Thanks this for this man! I admit, by 94, I was on to other things...heavier things and Primus and RHCP, etc. I honestly never listened to any of this album save for maybe a single that I may have heard back in the day. But damn, this is some great stuff. Unfortunately, a lot of the great 80's bands were lost and forgotten by the mid 90's and I'm sure there are many other gems like this out there that I turned my nose up to at the time.

• Hell yes

• Hey, I'm a child of the 80s. To date I love the decade and I am happy to have lived as a child. Music, movies, cars, toys... will never be like it was then. I know this is partly nostalgia, but I'm not alone with this opinion.

The first "scary" movie of my childhood was the Terminator, the original from 1984. I saw it 2-3 years later on VHS tape because those were different times but even then I was a small child. The film made a big impact on me as I think for the other boys of my generation. Arnold became a kind of hero in those years in our eyes. Although the T2 became a world success, I consider the 1984 original to be the best Terminator movie.

One of the iconic scenes of the film is when the Terminator goes to the Tech Noir club to catch Sarah Connor.

[Blocked Image: https://www.overthinkingit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/tech-noir1-590x327.jpg]

While the machine is looking for the target we hear the Tryanglz 'Burnin' In The Third Degree' song.

[Blocked Image: https://media0.giphy.com/media/7SBJu1roII8Ks/giphy.gif]

The target will soon be identified as the music fades away and we hear one of the specific musical motifs of the Terminator - written by Brad Fiedel.

[Blocked Image: https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UltimateCloudyAardvark-size_restricted.gif]

In the video below this is exactly what the video creator did.

Edited 8 times, last by balazs ().

• balazs respect on the 80s and the Terminator. The kids make jokes about how many times I saw that (and T2 as well). There was a time when I think I could recite basically the whole movie ;)

Great song btw, I now want to play it.

• There were many great hard/glam rock bands in the 80s.

They were later called them "hair metal" although many of those albums are still outstanding music to this day.

(The problem started when everyone wanted to play this music because it became a trend.)

One of my favorite bands from this period is Ratt.

The 'Out of the Cellar ' (1984) and'Invasion of Your Privacy' (1985) records are included in my top list from that time.

The opening riff of the Lay It Down is the essence of the 80s hard rock guitar themes. :)

Besides the virtuoso Warren DeMartini the late great Robbin Crosby was the author or co-author of many classic Ratt songs like this:

Unfortunately the band is a kind of disaster today, Warren Demartini is no longer a member and Stephen's voice is very weak in live.

However, their 2010 (so far last) album 'Infestation' has become amazingly strong and I recommend it to anyone who has not heard it yet.

Bonus: My favorite Keanu Reeves movie and my favorite song from the film:

• Yes, Ratt was great! I am surprised you did not mention Round and Round, which was featured in The Wrestler, which - to me - happens to be the 2nd best Mickey Rourke movie after Angel Heart.

If we are on the subject, I have to say that lately I am listening to L.A. Guns more and I really think they were pretty underappreciated back in their time. Just like you said with Lay It Down, you hear this and after 2 bars you know it is awesome non-apologetic 80s music:

• Yes, Ratt was great! I am surprised you did not mention Round and Round, which was featured in The Wrestler, which - to me - happens to be the 2nd best Mickey Rourke movie after Angel Heart.

Round and Round would be too obvious. :) But yes, this is Ratt's "Enter Sandman".

Mickey is a great actor, a pity for his looks. I loved his role in Angel Heart, H.D. and the Marlboro Man, Barfly (love Charles Bukowski :thumbup:),

9 12 Weeks and the list goes on... even in the Expendables.

External Content vimeo.com

• Love heaps of glam rock / cock rock / hair metal / zebra-pants rock, including Ratt of course. Thanks for sharing balazs and Tibor.

Balazs, you mentioned Angel Heart. Man, what a movie; always loved it. Anyone who hasn't seen it, check it out, but ideally IMHO it's best to know nothing about it before you watch. IOW, do not read this Wikipedia run-down:

Angel Heart - Wikipedia

• After all these years and losses (Layne, Mike) I love this band!

• Check it out! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

• MuddySludge , here's one of my fave Rush Hour performances. GD has been my all-time-fave keyboardist for 35 years, along with Oscar, and more-recently Hiromi Uehara, but I'm particularly impressed by the drummer here:

External Content youtu.be

Another fave version is George using his traditional keys, with Billy, who you can never go too-far-wrong with of course!

External Content youtu.be

• Diamond Head has come out with a new album. So cool!