What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Monkey_Man Loved the George Duke Trio vids.....just amazing stuff and I agree, that drummer caught my attention. Did a little googling and found some killer stuff on him (Ronald Bruner Jr). As a young man, likely starving for any gig possible, he did this for a few years.....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Indeed Nate!

I couldn't find the video featuring Ron with the trio that I wanted to share; it was the same song but performed at the North Sea Jazz Festival 2009. His solo was long, and much better.

YouTube keeps coughing up the same excerpts from that gig - the song, "It's On" and Chaka Khan. I've spent an hour looking for the damned thing, but alas. I've had it on my 'puter for 10 years, but obviously no way to link it here. :pinch:

At any rate, glad you like his work; he totally rocks. 8)

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I heard Andy in Danger Danger for the first time (on the 'Screw it!' album) which had a big impact on me.

The first solo song I heard from him was the "Cry For You" – that has been one of my favorites since.

• Kinda mixed bag of stuff lately

• External Content www.youtube.com

• Ganglu

I don't know any of these bands, Spirit Adrift liked the most.

Same here, balazs. I'm guessing it's for similar reasons in both our cases - we're used to smoother, slicker production and "song craft" theses days. The previous three clips were, shall we say, more-challenging to the ear. Props to Ganglu that he can still listen to the "rougher" stuff as well.

Guys, in case anyone has forgotten, in an effort to keep Kulle's thread more in line with what he laid out in his OP, I created a thread in which we could share more virtuoso-oriented clips. Several threads have been created for individual virtuoso performances since the last post there, which is a pity IMHO 'cause the idea of these things is to separate 3rd-party clips from Kemper users' ones in the interest of keeping the subforum "neater". This way, folks can confidently click on threads other than Shawn's pop-music one, my virtuoso one and this one from Kulle, knowing that they're going to hear forum-members' work.

There's been no directive from Kemper on this of course, but as a member who wants only the best for the company and forum members and in this case respect for Kulle's thread's intended purpose, I bring this to your attention, not as anyone who possesses any authority, but as a lowly chump (chimp?).

Here are the three categories we have to choose from in order to avoid muddying the waters:

Something different:

What kind of music do you listening right now?

"Commercial" stuff:

Mainstream music you're enjoyin'

Virtuoso stuff:

Share Your Favourite Virtuoso Clips

Rock on, beloved Kemperites! 8o

• Probably the greatest thing you’ll see this year...

External Content youtu.be

• Thank you,  balazs! I see you've already used the mainstream thread and I've replied to your post there with some Rick James fanboism. :pinch:

nightlight , yeah Brother AJ, I agree that neither party will likely ever say anything; it's just not important to them.

However, I do believe that unless somebody stood up and made some sort of an effort to draw some lines of delineation, we'd end up with a hodgepodge that'd be no fun to navigate if you're looking to hear stuff that falls under any of the 3 basic banners we now have. I say this using the past tense 'cause I created the virtuoso thread 12 months ago, fully explaining myself, and Shawn followed suit 5 months later with the mainstream one.

Besides this, there's the Kemper-user thing I pointed out, where "polluting" the user-creations thread list with miscellaneous stuff doesn't do anyone any favours / help anyone as best I can tell.

Rock on, brother. 8)

• If you were a player in the 80's this was a band that had the pinnacle players of each instrument.8)

• Ah the good old days. I attended a 'work shop' at a local music store where Al basically humiliated anyone who had the audacity to ask a question or to try and play a song with him. Fantastic guitarist; should not be let out in public... :D

• nakedzen Yes! This came across my facebook feed yesterday. I know a lot of older Amon Amarth fans are not liking the more straight forward approach they are taking but I love it. It does have a great old school feel but they still sound like a massive relentless wall of sound like previous albums. Would love to see them live!

They're great live. Wall of beard moshing. :D

• Al basically humiliated anyone

A late friend of mine use to do work on Al's car. Let's just say that Al believed he breathed a different sort of air than the rest of us.

I started playing in 1973 with a steady diet of Zeppelin/Purple/Sabbath. Around 75 started listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra, Return to Forever, and Holdsworth on Believe It. Still have all of the scar tissue on my chin.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• RIP Dr. John. He died yesterday. He was session guitarist Malcolm John Rebennack before he got shot in the hand.