What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• LOVE Opeth and that album! Never got into the earlier Cookie Monster vocal stuff but always dug the music.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• I don't know how the drummers in those hyper-speed genres can pull of an entire song, let alone a whole show.

Here's one of my faves hailing from the land of ice and snow.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• I don't know how the drummers in those hyper-speed genres can pull of an entire song, let alone a whole show.

Here's one of my faves hailing from the land of ice and snow.

Technique is key, you use very little force for the snare hits. Fastest stuff is done with the "gravity blast" technique where every hit on the snare makes two hits. Another, for black metal at least, is that you can be as sloppy as you want. :D

And triggers like he explains in the video:

• Those leads are very-well-constructed and contain some tasty bending, man. 8):thumbup:

The singing ain't too shabby either. :huh:

Daniel Gildenlow. 4+ octave range. He's worked with a veritable who's who of Heavy Prog Rock.

Check out the album 'One Hour by a Concrete Lake' crazy good concept disc.

Thanks for the drumming info nakedzen!

• This one still blows me away ever time I dig it out for a listen thru?

External Content youtu.be

Been on my watch list at home for a while, absolutely LOVE :love: Maria's vocals

Would love to work with her:

Very different, but also would love to work with (and listening to) Brittney... amazing voice too:

This makes smile, and very different too... My metal friends think I am nuts 8o:

Spotify, iTunes, Bandcamp, etc... Lugosi Smile

• This one still blows me away ever time I dig it out for a listen thru?

Love it! Pity they only made one album and a demo. :/

Brittney... amazing voice too

Indeed, Lance; she nails it and gets great cut-through.

My metal friends think I am nuts 8o :

Well, I think you know I'm a huge fan of many Japanese styles and genres, Lance; so much creativity there.

If you really want to freak your metal friends out, play them some denpa song / Akiba Pop / A-pop. :D I actually like it; the bass lines alone generally make it worth listening to for me, but strangely-enough, I find it uplifting when I'm really-depressed and nothing else "works". Guaranteed to freak musician friends out at any rate; hasn't failed me yet. :evil:

• Here's a few goodies that always seem to find their into my listening rotation

Elder-psychedelic stoner rock

awesome riffing and song writing

Diagonal-70s prog rock worship

Gordian Knot-Instrumental prog rock/metal fusion

Pavor-Obscure 90s death metal

with unreal 8 string bass

The Physics House Band-Instrumental jazz rock

The Seven Mile Journey-instrumental post rock

Exivious-instrumental metal/jazz fusion

This is a brilliant thread and I could post hundreds of recommendations with all the great music out there but I better restrain hahaha, hopefully there's something interesting you all can get out of that lot?