What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Just saw this band a few weeks ago. Both guitarists shred and the whole band just kills it live. Reminds me a bit of Ozzy Bark At The Moon era.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ganglu

Do you know Fireball Ministry and Hellfueled?

I listened to their music a lot.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    8)

• If you ever get the feeling "I wish I was at the dentist right now", this hits the spot:

External Content youtu.be

• Sounds like (Homegrown Sounds) Andy Medforth's AirWaves synth he designed for Kontakt 5. He calls it a "Shortwave Radio Synthesizer".

Here're what I'd consider to be relevant excerpts from the blurb:

AirWaves is a unique Synthesizer which uses 24 XY Motion Sequencers to build collages using Shortwave Radio signals as its Sound Source. Shortwave Radio is an Alien World that has fascinated me since childhood and I’ve been wanting to explore making an instrument such as this for a long time.

The Motion Sequencers ensure that you will always get something new using the many Randomizers, and presets can have an organically complex lifespan.

The samples themselves are taken from many hours of recorded material, attempting to bring out the most interesting loops and to hopefully create a diverse collection of Sounds. The Radios are essentially used as synthesizers to create unique designed loops which are only possible using a radio. There are quite a few number stations captured too, although for the most part these days they tend to be either Morse or Electronic broadcasts as opposed to actual numbers although a few of these were captured. The samples are provided as WAVs as opposed to .ncw so that they can easily be used outside of Kontakt for those that wish to do so.

508 Wavs recorded using shortwave radio and carefully looped

200 Presets Included

Could be a combination of AirWaves and the samples' being used as fodder for other synths. Just a thought that sprang to mind immediately when I heard this.

Here's a preset demo. The LP filters are generally more-closed so in many cases one has to imagine that they've been raised or bypassed, but you get the idea:

External Content youtu.be

Whether or not this particular synth and / or or its samples was / were used, MHO is that creating an album couldn't get much easier than this. No stressing about which compressor to employ on the drum bus here. :D

• Nicky, that is great. Summer evening, the birds are singing, one is out to a pleasant walk humming the sounds of a root canal ^^

Getting back to the original topic, I was watching a Karnivool interview and I think they mentioned these guys. Not the most sophisticated music, but to me, this is what energy sounds like - may I present Lightning Bolt:

They are almost local, so I hope I'll have a chance to see them live.

• External Content youtu.be

• Feels like I am again late for a party, just discovered this series from a public radio station in the US.

They get a band to basically play in their office - interesting. This particular one is with Juana Molina. I love the music with its slightly detuned tone and also I love seeing how they are having fun playing the music. Doing this electronic thing live is not easy so double-props:

• It's obvious he's a big Ozzy fan. But not bad at all. Not many metal bands that have only clean singer nowadays. So tired of all growlers.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

"Every Coin Has 3 Sides" - Rae

• Evergrey has indeed returned to form with their latest effort, "The Atlantic". I wasn't a fan of their last few efforts, as I cut my teeth with them listening to "The Dark Discovery", "Solitude Dominance Tragedy" and my personal favorite, "In Search of Truth". "Recreation Day" and some parts of "The Inner Circle" I still liked, but they they really fell off for me, both musically and lyrically. Glad to see they are back to putting out stuff I like with this release.

Found a decent audio quality vid of "Watching The Skies" from ISOT. Enjoy!

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

Edited once, last by SliderJeff ().