What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• I'm enjoying the heck out of Flotsam and Jetsam's latest effort "The End of Chaos." A classic thrash metal band that's been around for ages and still seems to be able to not lose a step. Here's the video for one off this CD, "Control":

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Enjoy!

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Oh yeah, and for those of you that are Symphony X fans or just progressive metal fans, in general, check out Michael's Romeo's latest solo effort, "War of the Worlds, Part I". Killer playing. Killer vox. Me likey!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also, Darkwater's latest is really capturing my listening time on the commute and in the office,

:thumbup::thumbup:

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• For the shred lovers, I love listening to Angel Vivaldi, Nita Strauss, and Andy James... check them out if you haven't:

Sorry, got on a roll. :D

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• External Content www.youtube.com

• That also reminded me, for a touch of djent-like fusion fun, check out Arch Echo!

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Always loved Andy James, Jeff. Precision player IMHO; he hits his notes so-cleanly.

Angel OTOH, well, he just doesn't seem anywhere near as melodic as Andy to me. Same goes for Nita.

I'd give my left proverbial to be able to play like either of the latter two 'though. For Andy's skill, I'd probably be willing to walk around headless. Come to think of it, I already do, so nothing to lose there... :/

• I used to be impressed by shredders when I was younger. Couldn't care less today. I can respect others who like it and are passionate about it. I can respect someone like Andy James. Yes he's a very hardworking talented guitarist and can play anything. But like most shredders he's lacking emotion. Most guitarists fall under either being mostly technical or emotional driven. Well that's true for other musicians too. A few have both equal much.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Understood. And this is why variety in music/life is a wonderful thing! There's something for everyone. One person's "has no feeling" is another person's "shows incredible mastery of the instrument and sublime energy", while another person's "says more with one note than X does with a million" is another's "bores me to tears.... what a hack". :)

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• I had the pleasure of attending Red Wing Roots Festival this past weekend. No Kemper sitings, but then, very few folks in this genre need one...

External Content youtu.be

• Lucinda, and her backing band Buick 6, played an awesome set, but I love the tone on this studio version:

• Digging Scale the Summit (first link with Angel again... he's a guest solo whore, it seems :P )

Love some of the ethereal tones he gets on his clean and tapped passages.

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Angel's solo in Witch House, Jeffro:

Now that's more like it. Best I've heard from him, man. 8):thumbup:

It'd be helpful IMHO if these clips, along with Arch Echo, Nina Strauss, Andy James and Michael Romeo were posted in the virtuoso thread:

Share Your Favourite Virtuoso Clips

• DOH! Sorry. I can totally try to do that in between staring at this stupid spreadsheet I've been working on for days. :) Sorry if it was placed in the wrong spot.

PS - Glad you liked this one from Angel. :)

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• DOH! Sorry. I can totally try to do that in between staring at this stupid spreadsheet I've been working on for days. :) Sorry if it was placed in the wrong spot.

PS - Glad you liked this one from Angel. :)

They are officially posted in that thread with a couple more Arch Echo tunes. I love me some djent-fusion virtuosity. :)

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Thank you, Jeffro. You didn't do anything wrong, of course, so no need to be sorry, man.

It's just a delineation / for-the-sake-of-clarity thing, really. I've been meaning to ask the mods if they could pin the three "category" threads so folks can find them easily (or be aware of them when they otherwise wouldn't be), before adding such things to the forumites' content pool.

What kind of music do you listening right now?

Mainstream music you're enjoyin'

Share Your Favourite Virtuoso Clips

• I have been stuck on this band from the 80's called Roxanne. They released their 2nd album "Radio Silence" 28 years from their first. I found them because George Lynch and dUg Pinnick (King's X) are good friends with them as well as guest on a couple of their songs. The guitar work is fantastic on this album. It's straight up, old school fun rock n' roll type of music.

With George Lynch

With George Lynch and dUg Pinnick

• The Watchers - Sabbath Highway