What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Never heard of the band Roxanne. Not my cup of tea but I hear this band too use more of a fuzz sound than overdriven sound. Seems like a trend today amongst certain bands and it gives more of a 70's sound. Kemmis is another band that use fuzz sound. I must admit I didn't know who dUg Pinnick was. I've heard of the band Kings X but never listened to them. But his voice and voice of the singer in Roxanne, they blend together tastefully.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• @Gear Jocke, not sure what your musical tastes are but here is one of my favorite Kings X songs from my favorite Kings X album, Dogman...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• @Gear Jocke, not sure what your musical tastes are but here is one of my favorite Kings X songs from my favorite Kings X album, Dogman...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Dude! I seriously just listened to this CD for the first time in AGES after I got on a King's X kick with the Dug Pinnick reference above. I still prefer the earlier material with Ty's Lab Series amp and Strat, harmonies, and production, but he did get a pretty good pre-Racktifier Mesa tone here on "Dogman".

For those that dig King's X, if you sometimes wish they would go a little harder towards the metal side, do yourself a favor and check out their buddies, also from the Houston area here, The Galactic Cowboys. They had at least one MTV hit that made it onto Headbanger's Ball fairly often, "If I Were A Killer":

And a newer one, "Internal Masquerade":

Also in a similar vein and from Houston, Atomic Opera. If you are a baseball fan, their song "Justice" was the one used every time David Justice came up to bat back when he was playing.

Enjoy!

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• SliderJeff I totally get what you are saying about the pre Dogman guitar sound. It was extremely unique and being a huge fan from the very beginning, it really took some getting use to the new tone on Dogman. But now looking back, I just really think that is the strongest (and heaviest) album with the most amazing Dug vocals!! And yes, I was into Galactic Cowboys back in the day so very cool to revisit them....thanks! Had never heard of Atomic Opera though. Very cool. Quite a scene they had down there!

Also on a huge FNM kick lately. Big fan back in the day and have all the albums through the 90's but lately I'm realizing just how incredible the album Angel Dust is.....

• Cool beans! I was never much of a FNM fan, but the album title reminded me of yet another more obscure band I had the privilege of seeing at ProgPower 2 in Atlanta, Angel Dust. Melodic power metal.

And this one has an almost Savatage-like vibe to it.

Oh yeah, and THEY'RE GERMAN! :)

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

Edited once, last by SliderJeff ().

• External Content www.youtube.com

• If good old 70's rock is your thing and you never heard of this band, give it a listen. Such a great debut album. And no, it's not metal. ^^

Henry David Thoreau

• Mozart "easy listening" - I think divertimento means basically that.

I cannot believe how perfect that cello tone is in a live recording, especially in the lower range. Great video, good looking people playing awesome music in a fantastic setting:

• Here's a blast of hair metal's past sounding pretty damn cool in 2019.... Tom Keifer Band. I am digging it..

External Content youtu.be

• Might not be everyone's cup of tea, and some might call it plain downright boring. I like it though, was just listening on my afternoon commute.

• Here's a blast of hair metal's past sounding pretty damn cool in 2019.... Tom Keifer Band. I am digging it..

Not bad at all. I was a big fan of Cinderella back in the days. I heard the song shake me played for the first time on radio and it impressed me so much I went out and bought the album. Had to check and I remembered right. It was 1986. Good old days. 8o

Henry David Thoreau

• The Cruel Knives is another I have been recently blasting this weekend..

• Found this on YT. Haven't decided if I like it or not enough yet. Guess I need to listen to it more. Geezer is still a great bass player and still interesting after so many years.

Henry David Thoreau

• Rammstein for life <3:D

• Relistening to a bunch of the old Shrapnel Records catalog that I have. Decided to hit some of the 90's era stuff, today. These guys are ultra talented on every instrument. Vocally, think Alice In Chains for the 1995 self-titled release here:

And from their "2012" release, with Daniel Tomkins (Tesseract) on vox.

And a very cool instrumental from the same album:

Enjoy,
    Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston