What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• As much as I love Glenn (since I was a kid hearing my brother's Deep Purple album) as much I can't stand him "alone"..for me he will always be "the other higher pitched soul voice/counterpart" of David's deep soul voice on these legend three Purple albums..

Male singers like him need "a deeper counterpart".Ofcourse always in my very personal opinion.But I can't stand such high pitched male voices.One reason I could never really dig Rush or Pawlov's dog.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    8)

• As much as I love Glenn (since I was a kid hearing my brother's Deep Purple album) as much I can't stand him "alone"..for me he will always be "the other higher pitched soul voice/counterpart" of David's deep soul voice on these legend three Purple albums..

Male singers like him need "a deeper counterpart".Ofcourse always in my very personal opinion.But I can't stand such high pitched male voices.One reason I could never really dig Rush or Pawlov's dog.

Of course, I respect your opinion and it is obviously a matter of taste. However your explanation ("higher pitched soul voice/counterpart") is a bit surprising to me. There are probably other opinions like yours but I'm reading this for the first time.

I listen to a lot of music, 95% of which is guitar based. There are a lot of good singers in rock / metal - many can't be compared to each other because they have different strengths - but for me Glenn stands out. Because his voice is amazingly intense, a living-breathing thing. Strong and thick, but also incredibly soft, sensitive and expressive at the same time. His voice is quite unique and the way he handles it is outstanding.

And the fact that he can do it even in his age is unbelievable. Plus he has a ton of records during his career so there will always be something to listen to. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sorry, it's not for you but I must have to show:

• Leprous.

External Content youtu.be

• balazs

I should have added in my previous posts that Glenn for me is legend.I absolutely love him.Like I love Freddy Mercury or the old "bluesy Coverdale" or Tina Turner and some others...it is just that I my world I would (and always tried so with "my singers")to have some sort of "balance" in my recordings (at least for my own ideas)..the three hughes/Coverdale purple albums belong still to my all-time rock albums.Love their interaction and how they fit together.

Again..Glenn is rock history and not a serious person on earth will try to take this away from him.

• Talked a little with him during the recording a couple months back and this whole CD is all Kemper.

External Content m.youtube.com

• Talked a little with him during the recording a couple months back and this whole CD is all Kemper.

Clint is the man! Such a great guy, been a fan for more than 20years. And actually Clint and the 7D guys were the ones who finally brought me to the Kemper. Basic thought: If they use it, it does everything for me I need :)

• Clint is the man! Such a great guy, been a fan for more than 20years. And actually Clint and the 7D guys were the ones who finally brought me to the Kemper. Basic thought: If they use it, it does everything for me I need :)

All the good memories with 7D, cheers!

Music is Key.

• External Content youtu.be

• IDLES

Hanno Busch Trio

Jeffrey Lewis

Wolfgang Muthspiel Trio

• Some decent variety in there, Don!

I've taken the liberty of posting a clip from each so folks can easily "sample" what you've been listening to, mate. Hope you don't mind. ;)

EDIT:

Don added clips later, folks.

IDLES

I always enjoy the NPR "sound" in this room; most bands sound very-good in here:

Hanno Busch Trio

Excellent stuff IMHO:

Jeffrey Lewis & The Voltage

Recent single, "LPs"

Wolfgang Muthspiel Trio

I love the atmosphere created here:

• External Content www.youtube.com

• No guitars - sorry ....

• most of the time a listen AOR/Melodic Hard Rock,sometimes i like to listen Heavy Metal or Gothic Metal.

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• most of the time a listen AOR/Melodic Hard Rock,sometimes i like to listen Heavy Metal or Gothic Metal.

Ever listen to Dayseeker or Sleep Token? Both excellent melodic heavy rock bands that I just heard of.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Savatage... one of the most underrated US power metal band out there.

While many of us like their later work a bit more - roughly from the '89 Gutter Ballet album -, I prefer their early recordings. Real authentic raw US power metal. Of course I also love albums like Edge of Thorns (1993) and Handful of Rain (1994) but when I hear songs like the 'Holocaust', 'Hall of the Mountain King', 'Power of the Night', 'Warriors' to this day I am getting goosebumps. Criss was a genius... and Jon's singing style, tone, and power of his voice are simply incredible.

• External Content youtu.be