What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Southdakota

Ooooh a lot of goo in the hair and in the music. :D

Thats not what I mean. ;)

L. Tenco is not 100% my thing too. But he was quite good nevertheless like a good part of the scene at that time in Italian popular music.

Maybe its easier to understand what I mean when I link additionally the great Lucio Battisti (in 70s):

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and the young Claudio Villa (in the 50s) this:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But all this songs I hear with a little smile, coz Italians are special... everything is with much honey and big emotion when I take the Northern German behavior as benchmark. ;)

• David Lindley is sublime.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• and then there’s Lou...

• one more....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Swedish band Work Of Art is pretty-much '80s Toto reincarnated IMHO. Excellent stuff!

These are the 2 best clips I can find online:

Work Of Art - The Rain

Work Of Art - Can't Let Go

• Dou you know the W.E.T. band? They are a so called 'supergroup' - I don't like these tags.

Band members are from Work of Art (guitar-keyboard), Talisman (vocals) (Jeff Scott Soto), Eclipse (guitars) and Mustasch (drums).

(Eclipse and Mustasch are two great Swedish hard rock bands). Their debut album was a huge surprise to me in positive way.

External Content www.youtube.com

Edited 3 times, last by balazs ().

• Right back atcha, mate; know 'em. Thanks for sharing man.

I prefer the dynamics / subtlety of Work Of Art. You know - more-imaginative chord transitions and chordal / rhythmic cuts and chops. The W.E.T. drums always sound like MIDI-velocity 127 to me, which is off-putting, but I guess that's the way many bands and genres have gone these days.

That said, they're still a very-good / competent group; they just don't touch me the way WOA does... or Toto for that matter, which brings me back to the reason I posted them - 'cause the Toto influence there is strong, brother.

Toto tragic here since the late '70s and nobody can touch them AFAIC, but then you'd expect a tragic to say that, eh? :pinch: ;(

• Yes, their sound is the weak point to me. Many thanks to Frontiers for supporting and releasing a lot of bands in this genre (mainly melodic rock, hard rock and AOR), but their productions are often sterile in terms of sound.

• The W.E.T. drums always sound like MIDI-velocity 127 to me, which is off-putting, but I guess that's the way many bands and genres have gone these days.

Unfortunately this is how almost all heavier punk, rock and metal bands are mixed today. Replace the kick and snare with a one-shot triggered samples or at least blend them in with the natural kick and snare. Or with a few velocity on the samples at least. Enough to sound like a vst drum if you ask me. Slate kick 10, I belive it is that's overused on so many metal records if I remember right. Sometimes all the drums except oh, hihat, ride and room mics are the only real drums left. I guess most bands and record companies demand it to sound like that. So many records/bands sound like they came out from the same factory, cloned. So boring. Sad but it is how it is. I don't care if younger ppl call me old grumpy man. :D Well enough of my rant now. ||

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Been listening to Nile over the past few days. This track blew my ****ing mind.

• Three of good ol' hard rock music:

I recommend this album (Fire and Gasoline '89) to anyone who loves rock music. I think it's the best record ever Steve has played on guitar.

GUN, a great band from Glasgow, Scotland. Their most known song is a fantastic coverof Cameo's 'Word Up' . This is the song I first heard from them on mtv. The first three album are flawless I recommend those.

• Their most known song is a fantastic coverof Cameo's 'Word Up

That's a great one. I love the energy and the sound of that song as played by GUN. Another great example of a cover version which does not only repeat the original but really transfers it into another style of music. The song works so well with those guitars and heavy drums which you would rarely imagine hearing the cool original version (which I like as well very much).

The whole album "Swagger" is full of great energetic rock songs. Can only emphasize balazs recommendation here :thumbup:8)