What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• The Weissenborn is my next adventure. David Lindley inspires me with his ideas.

Are any of you playing these? I'm searching for an electric version in the U.S. Avoiding customs.

Ebay has a few and some builders turn up. I don't want to steer off topic so message me if you can recommend any.

None from China please.

This guy has the Mojo!8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• MuddySludge

Do you know Keith Medley? He is a luthier, instrument designer & composer-musician.

This song is from 'Ride' album.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Woohoo! Just got the news that John Frusciante is back in RHCP! Yay!

• It's amazing how similar the tone of Keith's guitar is to Jacob's Weissenborn.

Nice clips, guys, and thank you for sharing. 8)

Unfortunately this is how almost all heavier punk, rock and metal bands are mixed today. Replace the kick and snare with a one-shot triggered samples or at least blend them in with the natural kick and snare. Or with a few velocity on the samples at least. Enough to sound like a vst drum if you ask me. Slate kick 10, I belive it is that's overused on so many metal records if I remember right. Sometimes all the drums except oh, hihat, ride and room mics are the only real drums left. I guess most bands and record companies demand it to sound like that. So many records/bands sound like they came out from the same factory, cloned. So boring. Sad but it is how it is. I don't care if younger ppl call me old grumpy man. :D Well enough of my rant now. ||

Agreed 100%, GJ.

• One of my favorite Swedish rock bands today. Their music is simple yet very good and unique.

And Ralf is an animal with this voice and character. :) Sorry, I throw some because I can't choose one... all good.

• This singer is cool. He channels everything from Danzig to Ian Astbury.

Yep, the first song I heard from them was 'Angel's Share' and I thought Ian Astbury had a new band or wtf? :) I dug into this band because of this song. As far as I know, it's only on one compilation album : The New Sound Of The True Best (2011) (old tracks re-recorded songs)

Edited once, last by balazs ().

• John Sykes is the archetype of hard rock guitarists. His bends and vibratoes are out of this world. (Zakk learned well from the master. :)) And as a songwriter I don't have to say how big ace ... just think of THE Whitesnake album ('87) or the Blue Murder below. If I can name only 3 guitarists among the determinants of the "second wave" of hard rock ('80s) he would be one of them. By the way he is better singer than many who would do just that. It's a shame he didn't release a studio album for 20 years. The material for 'Brand New Day' has been completed for years but it has been postponed year after year. According to the latest information it comes in 2020 but who knows ...

• One of my alltime favorite guitar players as well. I remember the amazing version of Cold Sweat on Thin Lizzy's second live album. I put it on repeat for almost half a year by then because of John's attitude and sound in it. Sound and solo are killer and show the way which he continued on with Whitesnake's 1987 album. Cool stuff :thumbup:8)

• I remember when I purchased the first Blue Murder album. I listened to it so many many times. It is still a great album. The second one "nothing but trouble" was a dissapointment except for a few songs and after that I haven't heard anything about him until now. Must be something else if he postpone a record 20 years.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• External Content www.youtube.com

• I remember when I purchased the first Blue Murder album. I listened to it so many many times. It is still a great album. The second one "nothing but trouble" was a dissapointment except for a few songs and after that I haven't heard anything about him until now. Must be something else if he postpone a record 20 years.

By the end of 2014 the 'Brand New Day' album (formerly known as "Sy-Ops") was supposed to be ready for release. By this time the samples could be listened to.

Sykes has always been known for working on his ideas for a long time and had other problems:

"The album was expected early 2015 but due to certain business issues it was unable to be released, simply put the right people needed to be behind it. We now have the right people and they are on overdrive to get this out as soon as they can."

"But then my manager died. With him I lost someone I could really trust. So I put the disc on ice and almost forgot it."

"We regret to announce that our partnership with Golden Robot Records has ceased.

Unfortunately after the signing, contractual agreements were unfulfilled by Golden Robot Records and there was little attempt to move things forward despite our best efforts and patience. When written contracts revert to unfulfilled verbal promises all integrity in a company becomes lost. We simply cannot work this way. We want the fans to understand that we are fully aware of the frustration this will cause. We now feel that the best course of action is to release the album under our own control." (2019)

So it's complicated...

After Blue Murder, he toured with Thin Lizzy, he had some contributions and there were a project that didn't work out.

Sykes posted on his website: "The project I was putting together with Mike Portnoy didn't work out, and I wish him all the best for the future. I'm continuing to work on my new album, and I look forward to putting out some great new music in 2012."

It became The Winery Dogs with Richie Kotzen...

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

Here is the original song with its fantastic video. I understand that the music market is different now but I miss these kinds of music videos ...