What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• At this moment, at work. Would it make it funny if I said I work in tech support, lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• From around 6:10 the miracle starts. ;)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be

:)

• Brother in arts:

External Content youtu.be

• External Content www.youtube.com

• ?

• I think we went too far8) (The Hoff rules anyway :P)

Here's a great song from an era I miss.

Spotify, iTunes, Bandcamp, etc... Lugosi Smile

• 8)

• 8)

• Brilliant album.. Been blasting this this evening..

• Great to see the EWF number at 9:11, Mud; it's always been one of my favourites, that one.

Also great to see Lee Sklar mentioned in the credits, but I didn't catch him in the video. Love so much of his work, especially that old Billy Cobham '70s stuff...

The pictures are WRONG in this video, showing George Duke instead of Jan Hammer, and Alfonso Johnson instead of Lee Sklar, John Schofield (& Jeff Beck?) instead of Tommy Bolin and so on, but this is the first track I think of when I think of Lee. That bass line is epic; so-simple and yet timeless... and appropriate.

Obviously this is from the album Spectrum, and I'd highly recommend Crosswinds from the same era for anyone who appreciates the vibe.

That is one of the most impressive music videos I've ever seen. Wow.

• Indeed, AJ.

Impressive also IMHO is the fact that The Hoff would've had to sing it sans pitch-correction software, in which case he did a stellar job not just for an actor, but probably in comparison to many "pro" pop singers today. 8)

Ah, I also thought it was some ancient song, but it's actually from 2015.

The whole movie is supposed to be an 80s action film on steroids.

It's also got some pretty good reviews, and the Hoff 9000 is in it. Definitely going to watch it when I can, a big Knight Rider fan from back in the day.

David Hasselhoff also has some big hits from back in the day, when pitch correction wouldn't have been a big thing. Huge in Germany at one point of time.

• I got goose bumps when I watched this trailer but I have a feeling I'm not alone with this. The good old F14 comes out at the end. ;( :) For many of us, the original movie meant a lot as a kid.

New trailer

Like many other films from the 80s, it has some great music.

(Steve Stevens!)

Cheap Trick

Few people know, but originally the song "Reckless" by Judas Priest would have been fully included in the film.

K.K. Downing (Judas Priest):

“We were down in the studio mixing the album and everything was just working out,” Downing recalled of the moment they were approached for the project. When the filmmakers heard “Reckless,” they believed they’d found the perfect song for the closing credits of Top Gun. There was just one problem: The contract called for exclusive rights of the track to go to the film’s soundtrack. If Priest agreed to the deal, they would not be allowed to include “Reckless” on Turbo. We decided not to take it off [Turbo]." Downing explained that the band didn’t want to change the LP’s construction because it “thought the album flowed really well.” “That was a big mistake on our part.”

Turbo was released on April 14, 1986, with “Reckless” as its closing track. Though the album sold more than a million copies, it failed to score the radio hit the band hoped for. Decades later, Downing recognized that the clout of Top Gun could have pushed “Reckless” to the top of the charts.

• I wondered why it was available in 1080p resolution, so 2015 makes perfect sense; thanks bud.

Big Knight Rider fan here too. Man from U.N.C.L.E, Knight Rider, 6 Million Dollar Man and Man from Atlantis (with Patrick Duffy from Dallas!) were some of my absolute faves from back in the day. :pinch: :D

Yeah, it'd be interesting to compare The Hoff's pitching from back then with today's...

• I wondered why it was available in 1080p resolution, so 2015 makes perfect sense; thanks bud.

Big Knight Rider fan here too. Man from U.N.C.L.E, Knight Rider, 6 Million Dollar Man and Man from Atlantis (with Patrick Duffy from Dallas!) were some of my absolute faves from back in the day. :pinch: :D

Yeah, it'd be interesting to compare The Hoff's pitching from back then with today's...

"Some people stand in the darkness, courageous step into the light..."

Who can forget that one? Also the Hoff.