What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• I see a lot of notes that give it away, mate. Out of respect to you, I quickly tried a needle-drop, random section, and saw 4 straight-away:

Sustained, vibrato notes at 1:25, 1:35, 1:51, the small dive bomb at 2:24... the clues are very many and scattered throughout.

Still, as I said, kudos to him for having played it, whether it's stitched-together from multiple takes or a single, un-filmed one. Either way, it's beautiful and very-well constructed IMHO and I can hear why you wanted to share. Super-cool, man. 8)

• If you play in a trio you have todo a lot.
    Everyone's talking about Sting, but without Andy Summers, Police would just be a dance combo.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Be the force with you ;)

• Lately I have been listening to Sonny Landreth's, From the Reach LP. Sonny is a musician's musician. Playing behind the slide is difficult and it took me about a year to learn it.

Special guests include: Jimmy Buffet, Eric Clapton, Robben Ford, Vince Gill, Dr. John, Eric Johnson, Mark Knopfler and Nadirah Shakoor.

• I chose this because there was no official video for the song and it would be boring to stare at the album cover. This is one of the most epic songs by Priest in my opinion.

External Content www.youtube.com

• External Content www.youtube.com

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• These kids have it right...

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Fun fact: the song was inspired by a movie Maniac, which is about a serial killer who stalks his victims in New York City.

The temporary lyrics for the chorus were: He's a maniac, maniac that's for sure / He will kill your cat and nail him to the door

Sembello (one of the writers): "That direction obviously wasn't going to work at which point the genius of Phil Ramone, producer of the soundtrack who had the vision to see the potential of the song, asked us to change it to the present concept of a girl possessed with the passion of a gift for dance. Without Phil it would not have happened."

Edited 2 times, last by balazs ().

• 8)

• GearJocke

I love Richie, a great player and a very down to earth person based on interviews with him and all that stuff (articles, rig videos etc.)

His style is amazingly "sharp" and "cheeky" when you can write this around in such words.

You can find a number of videos on youtube that prove his talent, but I’m putting a Judas live video here that I saw a couple of years ago. You hear almost only Richie’s guitar and the guy is great.

• 8)

Great ! Reminds me of these cats :)

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

This song is so beautiful. Lenny Kravitz on the drums!

• Joe Holmes ’name may be primarily familiar to Ozzy fans. But, for example, he replaced Jason Becker in Dave Lee Roth’s band when Jason’s illness no longer allowed him to play. He replaced Zakk Wylde in 95 when Zakk was going to go to GNR. (It didn't turn out to be anything.) Unfortunately, Joe didn't play on Ozzy's records. So, Joe released a damn good record under the name ‘Farmikos’ in 2015. I recommend it to everyone because it is perfect and has an atmosphere that I think is unique.

• I was blown away in 71 when I bought this record. His horse laugh at the end is still without rival. 8)

• I was blown away in 71 when I bought this record. His horse laugh at the end is still without rival. 8)

What he could have done... astounds me...

• I've tried to get into jazz at various points in my life but honestly didn't know where to start. Rick Beato turned me onto this one and I can see why.....

And, RIP Jimmy Cobb (drums)

• 8)

• Great little ditty by the incomparable Greg Koch - 30 seconds of Tele on ? during the solo ??

Back in the day when rock n'roll was power.