What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Great video that I haven't seen before. Now I read the following list of musicians:

Organised by Jon Dee, the remake featured David Gilmour, Brian May, Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore, Alex Lifeson and Chris Squire on guitars. On vocals it had Ian Gillan, Bruce Dickinson, Paul Rogers and Bryan Adams. Keith Emerson and Geoff Downes played the keyboards and Roger Taylor played the drums.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Steve Clark was a great musician. He wrote/co-wrote almost all of the Def Leppard hits.

Unfortunatelly he was a heavy alcohol-addict and died from alcohol poisoning in 1991 only at 30.

External Content www.youtube.com

• balazs I was invited to a private party 2 years ago where Firehouse performed an acoustic show to about 100 people. Had a chance to visit with Bill Leverty afterward. He was using AxeFX and I got to talking to him about Kemper. He had never tried one but said he had heard good things about them. After I explained how he could profile his own studio amps he seemed very interested and said he would check into it. Have not noticed if he has used them yet. Very down to earth and friendly guy, very willing to talk gear. He also talked about his custom guitars by C.R. Alsip. I should also say that of all the bands from that era still playing, they are the best sounding live...especially vocally. They kill it!!

• I really dig King Crimson ( especially the first 2 vinyls ) and this is hilarious :D

Thanx T. and R. Fripp !

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• balazs I was invited to a private party 2 years ago where Firehouse performed an acoustic show to about 100 people. Had a chance to visit with Bill Leverty afterward. He was using AxeFX and I got to talking to him about Kemper. He had never tried one but said he had heard good things about them. After I explained how he could profile his own studio amps he seemed very interested and said he would check into it. Have not noticed if he has used them yet. Very down to earth and friendly guy, very willing to talk gear. He also talked about his custom guitars by C.R. Alsip. I should also say that of all the bands from that era still playing, they are the best sounding live...especially vocally. They kill it!!

Wow, great story, thanks for sharing with us.

The band was shown to me by my first "rock guitar" teacher back in the mid-nineties, although I think I've seen their clip on mtv before.

From the starting / chorus guitar theme of "All She Wrote" to the present day I'll be goosebumps when I hear it somewhere.

That’s why when the guy offered to sell his two "branded" guitars, a Gibson Les Paul Studio and a Yamaha RGX 421D, I chose the latter.

Bill Leverty's Yamaha.

• Don't let the name chase you away.....retro rock at it's finest! This is from their new album, Lucifer III

External Content youtu.be

• SO... today , after 2 months of Lockdown, and a couple of wees re-descovering How it feels like riding a CBR1000RR after 6-7 months, I drove my car to go to the office and I've re-listened these CD.

and a sort of 'best of' by Negrita including

and

• Times change, and we have to accept it but it will never be the same again...

Back then "hot babes" couldn't be sold with their looks alone if they weren't good at what they were doing.

Three perfect examples of this are Chrissy Steele, Sandi Saraya and the amazing Lee Aaron. The names could be further listed.

• Lee Aaron still has it:

• Totally agree. Another standout player from back in the day (and even now) is Jennifer Batten.

• Aaaah ..... Bumblebee :)

She´s a talented guitarist for sure, but what a terrible sound :wacko:

But she´s sweet as cotton candy though 8o

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Back then "hot babes" couldn't be sold with their looks alone if they weren't good at what they were doing.

Three perfect examples of this are Chrissy Steele...

I wouldn't include Chrissy in this group personally, mate, but of course this is just my opinion.

IMHO she had a fantastic rock voice and knew how to use it too. Apart from the great tones she could deliver, her pitching was friggin'-perfect. Huge respect from me. 8)

• I wouldn't include Chrissy in this group personally, mate, but of course this is just my opinion.

IMHO she had a fantastic rock voice and knew how to use it too. Apart from the great tones she could deliver, her pitching was friggin'-perfect. Huge respect from me. 8)

You know, my english is poor, so totally agree with you. All three girls are fantastic singers. I wanted to state that while the attractive appearance was obviously an important aspect in a video made for a lot of money, which was then watched by millions on MTV, but if you look back, very few girls became really successful by being a weak singer but pretty . Of course, we’re obviously talking about tastes here, too.

• 8)