What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• 8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any hint on a profile that'll get me close to that classic DP tone?

• This took me right back! Three great artists. I played 'When the Blackbird Sings' by Saraya to Death. 'Rats' by Sass Jordan as well.

Currently strolling down memory lane with this track by Winger. (Heading for a Heartbreak). Don't have a lot of Winger stuff, but this track is a belter. Reb Beach, killer player. They had proper hair in those days! Also got some Contortionist, Karnivool and the very brilliant Cry of Love, on the go.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"It were in tune when I bought it."

• I assume you all know or at least have heard of Jorn Lande. I first heard his voice through the bands Ark and Millenium and soon, of course, I also heard his voice through Whitesnake covers with Bernie Marsden, as the guy’s tone is one of the best things that has happened to rock music in the last 25 years. :) Over the years, unfortunately, the volume has gone somewhat to the detriment of the quality, less good records have been made, but I think the guy is among the top 5 singers in today’s hard rock scene. He has also sung a lot of covers in recent years. You can hear his voice on a bunch of records if you’re interested.

With Roland Grapow from Helloween:

MSG cover (Michael Schenker Group)

Thin Lizzy cover

Kate Bush cover

Anni-Frid (ABBA) cover

• 8)

Cool!

I saw Deep Purple twice in my life, ... the first one it was also my First Live Rock show! unforgettable.

The second time it was here in Como at Stadum Sinigaglia for a festival called Monster of Rock. there were also Cheap Trick and Status Quo in 2004.

But the last time I saw Ian Paice it was surrear: he did a Masterclass at a ''local beer fest'' in a very small place.. we were 250-300 people maximum.

He played a drum for one hour or so, .. trying to explain some 'secrets' of his thecnique.. even if not many of us could clearly understand what he sayed (not every Italian speaks English)

Then he jumped off the stage and did the line to order something to eat, something to drink..like everybody else.

And since there were no place to seat... he gently/shynely asked to us if he could sit next to us.

.. unbelivable! litterally unbelivable.

• Steely Dan... lots of Steely Dan

Wow! Great to see you here, James! I loved your work with Testament and own both of your solo CDs, which are marvelous! Eons ago we exchanged some emails about the gear you used and you were very gracious to share your thoughts and time with me. I truly appreciated it!

All, if you haven't heard James' cover of "Race with Devil On Spanish Highway" from Al DiMeola, you are doing your ears a grave disservice!

PS - NO time is a BAD time for Steely Dan! Go back, Jack, do it again!

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Wow! Great to see you here, James! I loved your work with Testament and own both of your solo CDs, which are marvelous! Eons ago we exchanged some emails about the gear you used and you were very gracious to share your thoughts and time with me. I truly appreciated it!

All, if you haven't heard James' cover of "Race with Devil On Spanish Highway" from Al DiMeola, you are doing your ears a grave disservice!

PS - NO time is a BAD time for Steely Dan! Go back, Jack, do it again!

great to hear from you Jeff, hope all is well in TX! Stay in touch 8)

• 8)

• External Content www.youtube.com

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• 8)

• External Content www.youtube.com

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• 8)

• Cool :thumbup: Some Satriani wibes there :/

Here´s another labyrinth 8)

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Harry K. Cody a superb guitar player. Unfortunately after Shotgun Messiah he disappeared from my sight.

Their 'Second Coming' album is one of the coolest hard rock albums I’ve listened to countless times.

• 8)

• External Content youtu.be

• 8) Their "Friday Night in San Francisco" recorded performance changed my brain.

I counted all their notes, see if our numbers match.