What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ian Paice... phenomenal.

This. And an incredible nice guy. Saw him for the first time back in 1984 when I was a teenager and he was touring with Gary Moore. Got his drum stick after the gig and have it at my desk ever since where it reminds me of that phantastic and intense night... 8)

• 8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content m.youtube.com

• External Content m.youtube.com

Darren, the singer in my band is just behind Scott playing keyboards.

• That is awesome! Playing with Thin Lizzy in their prime. Must have great memories and stories.

Yes, Darren was with them on Chinatown, Renegade and Thunder And Lightning.
    When Lizzy first split after the last tour that took them into 84, he came back to our home town and we hooked up in 85 and started our band Dare. Great for me as I am a massive Lizzy fan. ?

He is the singer/frontman in our band although he still plays all the keyboards in the studio.
    He was still playing with them until last year but I think Lizzy is now over.

• Yes, Darren was with them on Chinatown, Renegade and Thunder And Lightning.
    When Lizzy first split after the last tour that took them into 84, he came back to our home town and we hooked up in 85 and started our band Dare. Great for me as I am a massive Lizzy fan. ?

He is the singer/frontman in our band although he still plays all the keyboards in the studio.
    He was still playing with them until last year but I think Lizzy is now over.

Thanks for the story Vinny. That band burned hot. Appreciate you boys still keeping the flame alive.

• Great for me as I am a massive Lizzy fan.

Same here, same here :thumbup:8)

I think Darren was adding a lot to the late Thin Lizzy and certainly not an easy job being there with always two great guitar players. But I liked his contribution and the more modern sound which they found in the early 80s. Missed them quite a lot as they have been massive influence on me as a young guitar player.

Happy to see that Darren and you still have lots of fun with rock these days. Cool thing 8)

• Same here, same here :thumbup:8)

I think Darren was adding a lot to the late Thin Lizzy and certainly not an easy job being there with always two great guitar players. But I liked his contribution and the more modern sound which they found in the early 80s. Missed them quite a lot as they have been massive influence on me as a young guitar player.

Happy to see that Darren and you still have lots of fun with rock these days. Cool thing 8)

Cheers. ?

Things like Angel Of Death were amazing. I remember them opening with that on the Renegade tour. Amazing intro for the start of a concert with the huge wind machines, dry ice and the Renegade flags in the strobes.
    It was quite a shock when I first went round to his house in 85 and he put a cassette on of the songs he was writing. I asked who the singer was and he said ‘me’.
    Such a phenomenal keyboard player and brilliant voice too.

Missing our gigs so much. ?

• Martin Miller & Paul Gilbert - Superstition (Stevie Wonder Cover)

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Martin Miller & Paul Gilbert - Superstition (Stevie Wonder Cover)

Brilliant. Incredible musicians. Kudos to the drummer and the bassman (who's a great singer as well), what a rythm section. And Paul is so cool. Met him on the Frankfurt Music Fair some years ago and had longer chat with him. What an incredible nice guy!

And Stevie has written this tune with us guitar players in mind. Some others did it quite well already, e.g. the other Stevie 8)

• Some late night mood...

• Brilliant. Incredible musicians. Kudos to the drummer and the bassman (who's a great singer as well), what a rythm section. And Paul is so cool. Met him on the Frankfurt Music Fair some years ago and had longer chat with him. What an incredible nice guy!

And Stevie has written this tune with us guitar players in mind. Some others did it quite well already, e.g. the other Stevie 8)

SRV again making us look like amateurs. Sorry mortals, I don't care how much you practice, that can't be learned. Thanks for sharing.