What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• I heard the band with David for the first time, but "my era" was the Hagar-era, so now I'm bringing this song to remember Eddie.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by balazs ().

• What I'm listening to right now.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I was looking for some great soul , YT didn't fail to show me this masterpiece I didn't knew yet.

What a healing for our souls :

• That's a beautiful one Renaud, really love that. Actually it took me years to discover that this is the original... I knew this one here from Whitesnake (with the incredibly tasteful bass playing of Neil Murray) which impressed me a lot in my youth 8)

• Horn section meets AC/DC... nicely modernized sound and well done by all those legendary folks 8)

• External Content www.youtube.com

• External Content www.youtube.com

• I think Bon Scott played bag pipes on the original.

He did, Muddy. He could play, though I don't know if they got someone to do it in the studio.

There's a cool music video where they're playing in the middle of the street, so rock and roll! Here it is:

I like Brian Johnson, but Bon Scott's delivery is just incredible, so bad ass.

• Conclusion ;) :

great vocal harmonics - checked

incredible lead guitar - checked

titel " it's a long way" - checked

• Brilliant song (one of my favourites) from a brilliant band.

I've said for many decades now that I feel LRB was Australia's best-ever band. Not only that, but I rate it higher than Chicago, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, The Eagles (yep, I'm serious), Steely Dan and all its other peers.

I cannot give a higher endorsement than that. These guys set the standard of songwriting, musicality, groove, harmony, arrangement and production as far as I'm concerned. 8):thumbup:

Probably should share at least one classic of theirs:

• LRB , another discovery for me , these guys clearly know their stuff :)

yeah lovely harmonics , super lead guitar ( that tone :) , great writing and arranging , production is excellent and so 70's. thanks a lot for sharing this guys, I'll take a deep dive into LRB.

This intro on the 1st track sure qualifies into the hall of fame .

• IMHO the best albums to check out, Renaud, are basically all the '70s ones, but if that's too much, Greatest Hits Vol II Expanded Edition (2000) covers everything pretty-well.

I can tell you why so many haven't heard of LRB internationally, mate. Australia was super-tough to "break out of" back in the day and very few artists were prepared to put the time and effort in to break overseas. More-mature artists would have to consider moving their families for a year or more, so you can see how this can happen.

That said, I daresay you may recognise a few tracks from the greatest-hits album I recommended. :thumbup:

• When you're human, but basically you're God. I thought I've seen all Paul's solos, but this one is insane.

Off course the play with looper, flawless, no notes lost.

And this moment at 2:42, when he plays more melodically, little overdriven sound (I think this is middle and neck pickup with this twang).

BTW, I've got the same guitar (PGM301) and never been able to reach this melodic sound (I know I suck at guitar, but the texture when you hit the string is not there..)

• Here is a medley of Little River Band Songs of the founding members of the Little River Band: Birtles, Shorrock, Goble

Great Musicians I know since the 80s ;)

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Pity Glen had to butcher the main melodies so much in order to be able to sing them in his now-reduced range, Hans.

Still, a lovely little medley. Thank you for sharing some class, brother! 8)

Fun facts:

The first band demo I recorded back in the day was at David Briggs' little 8-track studio on Sydney Rd Brunswick in Melbourne in 1988. I also spoke to Roger McLauchlan many times over the years at various fusion gigs and he even insisted I play his brand-new Warwick Thumb Bass when it first hit the market and he snapped it up. He's still got that bass. Great guy.

This little historic rundown auto-played after your vid, and it's a beauty. The performance, unfortunately, suffers from mixing and guitar-tuning issues, so isn't really worth watching. Award shows. What can I say?

• Pity Glen had to butcher the main melodies so much in order to be able to sing them in his now-reduced range, Hans.

Of course !

I like the days John Farnham joined LRB .

Great voice also.

Recorded in my hometown btw ;)

• 8)

• 8)

:huh::D:D:D

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau