What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Another King Crimson video ... Longer and with better sound :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

Edited once, last by Hoki Toki ().

• Steve & Eddie: 8)

External Content youtu.be

• Great ! :thumbup: Reminds me a little of this one ..... Same groove and drive .....

And the great Tommy Bolin on guitar ( Lee Sklar on bass on this one ? )

+ Jan Hammer of course =O

Cheers!

• Lee Sklar on bass on this one ?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lee played bass throughout the album. That one's seared in memory 'cause I binged on it big-time back in the '80s.

Spectrum & Crosswinds are hard-to-beat. After many decades and thousands of plays I still never tire of them, brother.

Oh... yeah, it's practically the same beat; I agree. Just wanted to post something Christmas-related that the forum might appreciate. I've got all Ella Fitzgerald's Christmas albums but let's face it, we've a rock-guitar-centric community here, so when in Rome... 8)

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lee played bass throughout the album.

Yep , I had to check the album and it´s Lee Sklar on electric bass :thumbup:

And also the legend Ron Carter on acoustic bass :thumbup::thumbup:

Next to Cobhams Album I found this on that I forgot I had :huh:

Fantastic album from 1971 by Michel Colombier "Wings" :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lots of famous people participate on it : Jean-Luc Ponty, Paul Williams,

Bill Medley, Herb Alpert amongst others.

Symphonic big band rock fusion .... Gets better and better after each listening ,

and is still fresh 40 years later .... I´m listening right now while writing this .....

Remembering every break & key / tempo change after 20+ years since I heard it last time .

Cheers !

• If you like that I'm betting you'll like Bingo Miki & Inner Galaxy Orchestra, mate. Similar, but more-musical to my ear and a smoother sound.

Had this album since the '80s and nobody seems to have heard of it before I tell 'em about it. I sure hope you love it!

• I´ll check it out when I´m done listening to this one ..... ( U-tube is great sometimes ! Recommended this

when searching for "Wings" )

Check the lineup on this : Jaco P. Peter Erskine, Steve Gadd, Herbie H. Michael Brecker, Larry Carlton, Airto Moreira , Lee Ritenour.

Cheers !

• Ahh... all the "usual suspects". :D Excellent album. Can't go wrong with those guys. 8)

If you listen to Lee's work on track 2 you'll notice the groove, riffs and feel sound very-much like his debut album "First Course" from just 3 years earlier. I love the sound of that first album of his - so organic-and-natural, and yet everything's clearly-defined in the mix, a "rare", much-appreciated combination to me:

• Yes ! Got that one too bro´ :thumbup: And "Captain Fingers" (?) And "RIT 2" Great albums :thumbup::thumbup:

The old fart´s getting nostalgic 8o

// Old Fart

• If you haven't got "Captain's Journey" it's a must. Goes hand-in-hand with "Captain Fingers". I've always thought of them as an album in two parts.

Wes Bound's notable for its production values alone, and of course the playing style was a departure for Lee and he nailed it.

Back to classic Rit 'though. If you don't have Feel the Night, it's a classic IMHO and worth it for the first track alone. Gives me goose bumps every time... for 40 years! That groove and snappy brass... :huh:

• Yep ! Got them too :thumbup::thumbup: I thougt I could´nt list all of my vinyls here 8o

This is from same era. I bet you have it too ? If not, get it ! Great album :thumbup:

( Bingo Miki album was OK , but would not buy it .... A little "amateurish" to my ears ... but OK ..... :))

Cheers !

Edited 2 times, last by Hoki Toki ().

• Yup. :D IMHO you can clearly hear the George Duke influence on that track, probably due to all that session work and gigging he did for him in the '70s.

Got Yesterday's Dreams and Spellbound too. 8)

As for Bingo Miki, there was one track in particular that I really liked 'cause of the groove change at 5:45 - the title track. Like you I probably wouldn't buy the album at today's prices. I used to pick up all my vinyl from a 2nd-hand record shop back in the day for only $1 each. That's how I built my "mega" fusion library... plus CD's on-the-cheap too. :pinch:

• External Content youtu.be

Really catchy tune and nice guitar melodies

• Happy New Year Kemper Cats8)