What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• One of the best rock songs ever.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• That's the Lock Down version.

before lockdown

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• I think I've realised I have no soul...I just cannot get into BB King...amazing musician but I just feel nothing :(

Let's say Your Soul is tuned to a different 'Resonant Frequency'.

For sure There will be something else that is able to Move Your Soul, ..or You woudn't be a Guitarist/Musician/Artist.

• I think I've realised I have no soul...I just cannot get into BB King...amazing musician but I just feel nothing :(

Maybe you're married or got a good gf and the theme "thrill is gone" is not present for you atm ? :)

In my case i've listen to so many version, incl. the Gary Moore version,try to play it by myself .

After some notes of this version i get goosebumbs all over.

• Maybe you're married or got a good gf and the theme "thrill is gone" is not present for you atm ? :)

In my case i've listen to so many version, incl. the Gary Moore version,try to play it by myself .

After some notes of this version i get goosebumbs all over.

That could be the reason :)

I think it was because when I first started playing guitar I felt like I was forced to liked the blues - because you were supposed to. I had to be honest with myself though and finally admit that the old school blues did nothing for me. I find the guitar too plinky plonky.

I do really like the later blues guys, especially Gary Moore, SRV and Rory Gallagher who have that rock/power aspect to it.

I find Eric Clapton, The Edge, Slash and Richie Sambora all overated...great songwriters though.

Im also not a big fan of Hendrix and EVH....I know what they did for music is phenomenal and I like their music but not enough to really move me...

I know, crazy eh?

So who do I like? Jake E Lee, Nuno, Richie Kotzen, Rory, Billy Duffy ( unsurprisingly), Micky Moody/Bernie Marsden, Vernon Reid and feature in both my playing and what I like to listen to. Even Malmsteen.....

Its funny what turns us on and what gives us goosebumps and what doesn't...its great we are all very diverse :)

• This will be divisive but going through a Big Country phase at the moment and formed my love of Yamaha SG's.

I think they are underrated as they have a great rhythm and the counter melodies and harmonies on the guitar are more than just the bagpipes clone that many accused them of.

Interest on this video as Stuart's guitar sounds odd which i suspect was the MXR pitch shifter which being analogue was notorious for going out of tune...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x46a2enUws

• External Content youtu.be

OMG! Never heard that before but I love it!!! What a song, what a groove! Thanks for posting dude!

• Bit o Rory with the best version IMO of Tattoo'ed lady. Just love his constant use of the pickup switch and tone selector to get all those sounds...

Wow, such a great and powerful song and recording. Trios are cool :thumbup:8)

Fun fact: The venue where this was recorded is actually inside of an ancient castle which is used for several types of entertainment events. Some of those are concerts in that rather small room which gives kinda club feeling. I've seen Steve Lukather there 10 years ago and the vibe and the mood in that room were super special with candles, not much light...

Greatest Bonamassa performance ever, the Rockpalast gig.

And the way Eric Czar relentlessly chased Joe Bonamassa down the road, just mindblowing. Saw them live in 2006 and couldn't believe my ears. Too bad Eric has pretty much disappeared, he was such an amazing bass virtuoso.

• The Leonid team is indeed fantastic,

on this one , this killer singer & guitarist is using a stage :