What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Talking female guitarists, I have all of Anna Calvi's albums.
    Sings, writes plays all kinds of other instruments as well.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 8)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be

Say what you want. I have just a ton of respect for this man!

Just watch his right hand. So relaxed and it looks like he doesn't do much with it but really does. I know many don't like him as a person and..well he's not the most humble and nicest guy. But he can't be worse than Ted Nugent. But if I had to like all famous musicians I like I would have stop to listen to more bands. ^^

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Just watch his right hand. So relaxed and it looks like he doesn't do much with it but really does. I know many don't like him as a person and..well he's not the most humble and nicest guy. But he can't be worse than Ted Nugent. But if I had to like all famous musicians I like I would have stop to listen to more bands. ^^

Visually, Malmsteen is the most elegantly playing guitar pal next to Steve Vai. I know less about today’s scene (I know the big names, of course) but among the “old big ones,” they’re the ones who make you think "it’s not hard", since they also play without the slightest effort. :)

It is also important to say that in addition to the fast scales and arpeggios, his guitar playing is full of soul and life. If he gets to a slower part or plays blues, you’ll hear it right away. Yes, let’s say he has such a strong personality ( :) ) and I haven’t really been able to love his records released in recent years, but without him, that’s not what the world of guitarists would look like today.

I noticed that Steve Vai (very cleverly) spoke respectfully about him during their performances and Malmsteen appreciates that. Otherwise, it could not have been a Queen project either. (Bohemian Rhapsody).

Some gems:

The very first YJM record I heard from start to finish was Seventh Sign. The singer was Mike Vescera, who may also be familiar from the band Loudness.

I watched this earlier in the week. I was stunned that he was playing so well. IMHO his latest stuff is a little lacking. Great to see him playing all his big songs again, and playing them very weell.

• Tiny concerts in CoVid times ;)

External Content youtu.be

• :thumbup:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

Heard this the other day, really good.

• I hope we will all age up like these amazing guys and still rock the world in our 60's , wearing kimonos and riffing like Tony Iommi :D

• Tiny concerts in CoVid times ;)

Thank you for sharing, Brother Kulle. Kirk's always been one of my fave gospel artists. I love me some urban gospel, brother... as long as it's the funky, fusiony stuff. 8)

Hoki Toki Sarah's got nothin' on Senri. Senri can do anything on drums. Got all her albums, so maybe I'm biased, but she's been my new favourite drummer of the post-2000 era. Imagination and ability; a powerful combination.

Last I heard she'd taken a break to devote herself to university studies full-time. Amazing - you reach the pinnacle and then put all your energy into university. :/