What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My kids love this....first solo by Bumblefoot....

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Best Zappa line up IMO :thumbup: ( George Duke & Jean Luc Ponty .... )

Saw parts of this live on national TV in Sweden ( Opopoppa )

Thanks to my parents for being born at the right time in history <3

( Beatles, Hendrix, Genesis, Yes, Mahavishnu, Return To Forever, Weather Report, King Crimson , Gentle Giant ....... )

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• 3:43 Frank: What to do when he's playing his violin solo? I take a brake and light and smoke a cigarette :D

:) Yes, and also warming his fingers with the burning match .... It was a very cold evening .... :pinch:

Cheers !

• V8guitar I love pretty much everything Mattias does. Thanks for sharing mate. 8)

Best Zappa line up IMO :thumbup: ( George Duke & Jean Luc Ponty .... )

Agreed mate. 8)

George looked so young. I'm a huge George fan, as I've mentioned many times before. His '70s stuff is still unbeaten IMHO as far and funky fusion is concerned. :love:

• V8guitar I love pretty much everything Mattias does. Thanks for sharing mate. 8)

Agreed mate. 8)

George looked so young. I'm a huge George fan, as I've mentioned many times before. His '70s stuff is still unbeaten IMHO as far and funky fusion is concerned. :love:

Yep , vinyls like "Feel" and "Faces in Reflection" :thumbup: and "Guardian of the Light" :thumbup: No competition 8)

Cheers !

• External Content www.youtube.com

My kids love this....first solo by Bumblefoot....

Man, Matthias Eklundh is killer. I have no idea how he coaxes those sounds out of a guitar.

1 2 3 4 ..... 8o

External Content www.youtube.com

Cheers !

• I love that!!!!

Another very fine example that 70s prog-rock has some "revival"..

Stuff like these jeff beck/rush/saga style mixolydian mode/strange grooves..it stopped in the late 80s with Vai &Satriani doing the "last attempts.
    We need more of that.For me it will be always much more interesting than all these "how deep goes your 8-string;" kind of chuggas we had during the last 20 years or so..

• I hope we dont have any Jan Hammer haters here..?

External Content youtu.be

• I hope we dont have any Jan Hammer haters here..?

No way ..... Loved his MiniMOOG solos since "Birds of Fire" ( Mahavishnu )

Another MiniMOOG wizard is Kit Watkins ( Happy the Man )

I´ve posted this before but here we go again :

Cheers !

Edited 3 times, last by Hoki Toki ().

• I am a rock guy for sure. But: What a groove and what a voice... like her for 25years now... and great guitar playing around. Marvin Sewell's slide guitar is pure taste (2nd clip) 8)

External Content youtu.be