What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• I love,love,love independent Balkan stuff!!!

This is a cover of an traditional thracian ethno song.9/8 groove..or better said:1-2,1-2,1-2,1-2-3.Dont underestimate it.It is not as easy to keep the groove as one may think at first..its fun:

Me too Nikos! Are this folks Macedonians, Bulgarians or Grecos?

• Scars from the upcoming Album (tomorrow) from Adrian Smith and Richie Kotzen

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• hafi19 Smith/Kotzen collaboration - I totally missed that one!

And I would not have thought, that it works so well. Sounds like a smoothly operating band - not like a project. Very tasty :thumbup: And has some commercial potential for sure, without drawing board character.

Will check out the album for sure!

• hafi19 Smith/Kotzen collaboration - I totally missed that one!

And I would not have thought, that it works so well. Sounds like a smoothly operating band - not like a project. Very tasty :thumbup: And has some commercial potential for sure, without drawing board character.

Will check out the album for sure!

I am also very excited about it. I had pre-ordered the album :)

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Me too Nikos! Are this folks Macedonians, Bulgarians or Grecos?

These are hellenes but the music of this certain song which is "thracian" has indeed influences from the whole balkan region from serbia till minor asia.It is (like all ancient Balkan music) really a funky mix of everything.Ancient diatonic modes,Arabian influences,slavic stuff and all that packed into sick odd grooves changing from bar to bar..I don't know anyone who would dare to put all this into a narrow definition.:S

• These are hellenes but the music of this certain song which is "thracian" has indeed influences from the whole balkan region from serbia till minor asia.It is (like all ancient Balkan music) really a funky mix of everything.Ancient diatonic modes,Arabian influences,slavic stuff and all that packed into sick odd grooves changing from bar to bar..I don't know anyone who would dare to put all this into a narrow definition.:S

yeah, but no pentatonics!

Sounded really good....they do the whole 9/8 signature so easily and then sing over it! I hate great talent..:)

• yeah, but no pentatonics!

Sounded really good....they do the whole 9/8 signature so easily and then sing over it! I hate great talent..:)

Actually most of these kind of music is "wedding music".

So it it not only the playing.People are dancing to this.All night..

Everything after 2:30 is just sick:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lettieri + Lukather + Horn section... soooooo funky...

• Steve Vai, Nuno Bettencourt, Zakk Wylde, Yngwie Malmsteen, Tosin Abasi and Brian May VideoCollab HD

Real Amps, Modellers and KPA Profiler united in one Song

External Content youtu.be

Be the force with you ;)

Edited 2 times, last by Yoda Guitar ().

• External Content youtu.be

• Cool with jazz on a Tele .... Sounds good :thumbup:

Would like to have more bass in the mix though :rolleyes:

Cheers !

Tele with a Champ!Sweet..ofcourse one has to have "fingers" for this..

There is a Mbritt free profile of a '65 Champ in the RE which I like very much..dark,fat,nice attack..?

• Tele with a Champ!Sweet..ofcourse one has to have "fingers" for this..

There is a Mbritt free profile of a '65 Champ in the RE which I like very much..dark,fat,nice attack..?

Never heard this dude before but again....irritatingly talented! I might drop him a note though to see if he wants me to show him some pentatonics...

• Nikos Modes have freaked me out for years, mainly because I have no...and I mean no...theory. I love pentatonics only because its all I know..after 40 years :)

I always like to say that there is no music theory in "rock music".

You know why Gilmour never put Satriani into a courtroom for stealing the song "mihalis" and doing it again as "flying in the blue dream"??

Because he was happy that Satriani did a better work with the lydian scale than he did a decade earlier..he nailed the "blue" because this is how this mode sounds.It is the "blue ocean mode"..this has nothing to do with theory.It is music.Beautiful music..;)

• hafi19 Thanks again for sharing the Smith/Kotzen video. Listening to the whole album in rotation again and again. I didn't know it before listening, but I personally REALLY needed such an album. Very honest, fantastic rock songs with hooks and melodies, powerful voices, memorable riffs and bluesy licks . What's even more surprising - everyone so far seems to like it^^ Usually such good stuff remains an undervalued connoisseur's piece.
    Seems many have waited for such a classic / quality record to give a ray of hope in this weird times.

• This is a friend of a friend I've been doing session work with. Give him some thumbs up on youtube. Amazing Talent8)