What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

One of my favourite tracks ever. Beck’s ytouch and control are just sublime ?

• One of my favourite tracks ever. Beck’s ytouch and control are just sublime ?

Actually it is everyone's fav track ever.It has to be.I saw him three times in the 90s and it was always his very last song on stage.He knows what this song is.. not only a masterpiece..it is up there with little wing and the music of mozart..

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like the way he puts Kemper in the same bracket as a POD...just shows he knows nothing about digital amps.

A touch patronising...

I wonder if he still uses 35mm film in his camera?

• Lionel Loueke with his Kemper

External Content youtu.be

• Lionel Loueke with his Kemper

External Content youtu.be

Profile..want..

• I think this must be a song about the Kemper, right? :D

"I'm a keeper, baby, honestly"

External Content www.youtube.com

• I've taken more than a bunch of courses over the past six months. Most of them were about music or business or self-improvement. I'm glad I did them, and as valuable, inspirational, educational as they were, most of them were demanding work.

I nuked my Netflix subscription several months ago (just no time to watch). I do nothing social online except for hanging out here because I turned off Facebook and Instagram and whatever else shortly after the pandemic hit. I realized it was too easy to lose the day doom-scrolling. I tune in to the news at a couple of set times during the day instead of catching reflections of it intruding unbidden throughout the day.

For a break, I signed up for Master Class a few days ago.

Here's what I've watched so far.

Carlos Santana Teaches the Art and Soul of Guitar

Tom Morello Teaches Electric Guitar | Atlas Underground, Rage Against The Machine

St. Vincent Teaches Creativity and Songwriting

and I'm getting into

Usher Teaches the Art of Performance

None of these courses will teach you how to do what these people do, but you'll get some deep insights into how they do it. It's like being in a room with them chatting for several hours.

The Santana course was enjoyable and fun, and I'm happy I spent the time.

I wasn't familiar with Tom Morello or St. Vincent or Usher. None of them were on my personal play-list. However, it's been inspiring, and mind and soul expanding to hear and see them talk about what they do.

Here's a link to a reasonable review of Master Class.

• I've been playing the heck out of this one by long time speed metal mavens, Helloween. Kai, Mikey, and Sascha are killing it! I'd love to see this tour when it comes back around.

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• I love these series..

But if there is one truth out there then it is that you can't teach "spirituality"...you have it.Or not.

And by "spirituality" I don't mean sitting on a rock somewhere in India with a sitar up your a@@ doing the "ommmmh"-thing.

All these musicians in these series trying to teach something which the big majority of students will see as "super-cheesy" and against the 'super real' zeitgeist of learning by tutorials and how to manage yourself over social media in a world of likes and clicks-views.And the other few guys which could understand these videos don't need it.They are already "in".In fact..I know much more non-musicians who will "understand" these videos than I know guitar players who will.

Anyway..

• External Content youtu.be

RIP DMX. Here he is with Ozzy, Old Dirty Bastard and Crystal Method.

• He's tuned to open E.8)

• Excellent live set if you like 70's groovy music as much as I do :

• Scars from the upcoming Album (tomorrow) from Adrian Smith and Richie Kotzen

Look at this video Smith/Kotzen behind the Album. Adrian has a Kemper too :)

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Listen to the original tune on a tv series here in germany but found these version.

• Still a great singer

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Listen to the original tune on a tv series here in germany but found these version.

Having played in a Whitesnake tribute band for a number of years and sporting a tattoo with a phrase from the live version of this ( I can elaborate if anyone is vaguely interested :) ), this is a cracking version. Great voice, both guitars sound great...love it!

Beautiful, brilliant version of a great song! Great singers as well. Teenage memories for me as I grew up with Whitesnake's unbeatable version of it. Actually it took me 20 years to figure out that it is not a Whitesnake song 8o

The bass part in the quiet middle part of the song gave me goosebumps all the time when I listened to the Whitesnake version. So tasteful. I had the pleasure to meet Neil Murray 10 years ago on the Frankfurt music fair and I told him how incredibly great that part was. He just smiled. Very gentle guy, we had great conversation back then... 8)

P.S.: First time ever here that I see a chickenhead as volume pot. Wow. I would hurt myself so bad with that one.

• Coverdale was on his height when he did this live performance and for me a big part of the "goose bumps" part of thing is the band..Moody,Mardsen,Murray,Paice,Lord..oh dear..

And the backing vocals..perfect..

And Murray is up there with Andy Fraser..most underrated bass player ever..