What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Hey, deadman42,

One of my alltime favorites when listening to live music. Such great interaction between Candy and Ulco. And there is so much more in that song than the 3min radio edit reveals. Also very nice how she leaves Ulco the stage for the guitar solo... :thumbup:8)

I just got back from hours lost in listening and watching

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and a bunch of videos that followed.

Whew!

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• An absolute classic that has "everything" IMHO:

External Content youtu.be

• I just got back from hours lost in listening and watching

and a bunch of videos that followed.

Whew!

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. She's so brilliant and has brilliant musicians around her. And she adds much to others performances as well... Phil's good old classic here with incredible voices and super funky groove 8)

External Content www.youtube.com

• Honestly? Candy got attention becuase of her looks and not for being a talented sax player. I can go to a local club and find a local sax player with more talent than her. If she had been fat and ugly, do you honestly believe she would be there where she is now? Of course not.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Honestly? Candy got attention becuase of her looks and not for being a talented sax player. I can go to a local club and find a local sax player with more talent than her. If she had been fat and ugly, do you honestly believe she would be there where she is now? Of course not.

That's pretty much all female artists today. At least it's what I see when a girl plays djent with one finger and has 80,000 followers because she djents in lingerie and stockings.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Well, she admits that the looks are helpful and it wouldn't go so well without it... nevertheless... I like stuff she's doing :)

I'm saying anything about that. If you like what she's doing...that's fine. :S My point was there are so many good and talented ppl that will never get the chance simply cause they don't have right look. We see it tv-shows, movies. Good looking women with no talent. Oh well, that's showbusiness.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Blues Bars are full of surprises.8)

• There’s truth in what you’re writing but I don’t think that applies to Candy. Your example maybe true of a Nicki Minaj type performer, but I have to say she has an audience too. They are not us. :) By the way it almost doesn’t matter today because the media isn’t centralized in the sense that not a few radio and tv companies decide what people listen to and see. And anyone who consumes music on TV and radio in 2021 ... well, deserves it.

• Sometimes I'm there for the music,

Sometimes I'm there for the show.

Some of you guys have seen my guitars,

I'm shallow,

I know.

You gotta see the show.

Well, as a wise man once said, sex sells. I find her sufficiently talented for her present employment.

• This just came out yesterday!

• I saw this line up in Houston in 1977. I'll never forget the one big party atmosphere. We were plenty Rowdy.8)

• I saw this line up in Houston in 1977

Lucky man ! I saw the entire historical lineup with their frontman in my home town in France 3 years ago, that was pretty sick experience :)

The only live gig with a similar hysterical mood I attend was Georges Clinton's parliament / Funkadelic, they were so much into it that someone had to cut the power down on stage as they would go like crazy all night long !