What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• While we´re at it , lets weep some more 8o

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I agree totally. I've never got the whole "prince is an amazing guitarist" bit. Gary is the man......but I love this version from Steve Lukather.

What I like is its not particularly technical but the phrasing and sound is sublime!

Nice cover. Steve's a great player.

As far as the technical aspect of guitar playing goes, I might be getting old but I see some great technical players with performances I compare to self indulgent 6-string masturbation. It hurts my ears and ruins my mood - but they show great technical skill and speed. I can't connect and it really doesn't factor into my enjoyment of a song. I want to hear the magic. If it can penetrate my soul and carry me away to a special place that's all the technical skill they need. It lives in every genre. Gary's got a knack for that.

• Spotify suggested me this song:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm listening them a lot these days

• Don;t really like the music but the technique is shocking..

• If Sammy sung this version it would have been EPIC! Guitar play is killer! One of those rare occasions when the cover is better than the original (minus the singer in this case). It's the same way I feel about "Her Majesty's Secret Service" without Sean Connery - great movie but sucky actor.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• One of the most unique cover from Metallica’s ‘Blacklist’ record.

Alessia, a Canadian singer & songwriter and the Mexican rockband The Warning.

• I just heard this guy for the first time. Never knew who he was. Just saw him in ads.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Great! 8)

If only all covers were constructed with such imagination. :/

I didn't like it TBH. They sound great as a band but the song has lost its flow. For me its a bit like a deconstructed food recipe where the balance is lost.

Great to hear stuff I've not heard before though and I love this thread. Already turned me onto new music..

• 8)

• External Content www.youtube.com

• Nice cover. Steve's a great player.

As far as the technical aspect of guitar playing goes, I might be getting old but I see some great technical players with performances I compare to self indulgent 6-string masturbation. It hurts my ears and ruins my mood - but they show great technical skill and speed. I can't connect and it really doesn't factor into my enjoyment of a song. I want to hear the magic. If it can penetrate my soul and carry me away to a special place that's all the technical skill they need. It lives in every genre. Gary's got a knack for that.

I love Gary Moore..all of it.His phrasing his amazing vibrato..he was a huge influence for me.But Prince also.I also love Lukather.

I have to say that I never could and I never will understand why so many people out there have to "compare" musicians of this level..these guys all have "it"..all of them in their own way.And they worked very hard to find their own style closing their eyes for every hip,fancy playing style which does not express them.

I hope will never see some a youtube of Prince doing tapping on stage.. I mean this would be a bad day..

• External Content youtu.be

Miles was always ahead of his time.

• "Miles was always ahead of his time."

He sure was ........

And this was 4 years earlier :thumbup:  

Bitches Brew

Bought this double LP-album 1975 and still have it 8)

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• 8)