What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Awesome singer:

External Content youtu.be

• Missing the Bretagne.

External Content www.youtube.com

• So much sound with not much gear to get in the way.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Anyone know who produced the Union Jack album? I think it rivals any mix that is made today.

• So much sound with not much gear to get in the way.

I know this old song. Not much happening in this song from beginning to the end. And sooo much fun it must have been being the drummer in the band. :pinch:

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I know this old song. Not much happening in this song from beginning to the end. And sooo much fun it must have been being the drummer in the band. :pinch:

Oh crap, it is an old song isn't it. I bought the vinyl when it came out. Still have it, along with a couple hundred other great ones. I remember the singer's voice reminded me a bit of, sort of, Al Stewart.

• Always liked the Babys, especially John Waite's voice.

Never heard of them before and sounded much like Journey and then I realised after a while, wait that keyboard player, doesn't he play in Journey?

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Why did John Waite leave the babies?

We were in a bad way. We owed the record company a million dollars and we had worked our hearts out and we got nothing. It was a tough time and it was tough to accept that, I quit and went back to England and got married. I wish them the very, very best though.

That is some total BS of the record label. I guess that's why keyboardist went to Journey - he owed too much. I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go... LOL.

Producer info:

Keith Alan Olsen[1] (May 12, 1945 – March 9, 2020) was an American record producer and sound engineer, who worked with Rick Springfield, Fleetwood Mac, Ozzy Osbourne, the Grateful Dead, Whitesnake, Pat Benatar, Heart, Santana, Saga, Foreigner, Scorpions, Magnum, Journey, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Joe Walsh, .38 Special, and Eric Burdon & the Animals, among others.

Olsen produced over 100 complete albums. His production work earned him more than 39 Gold, 24 Platinum, and 14 Multi-Platinum album certifications.[citatio

• I guess one more thing on the Babys. They had a short duration and aren't a well recognized as many of their contemporaries. But, there was a period around the release of the Head First album where that was about all you would hear being played over the PA during band set breaks at the live rock bars. That showed a huge amount of respect for their work. For those a bit younger, that was a very effective way of promoting albums back in the day. It resulted in a s-load of album sales for the band, at least here in the Seattle area, they were big. I remember it well.

• External Content www.youtube.com

I'll never play like this ..but he's wonderful.

• Some performances are just timeless.

• Some performances are just timeless.

Absolutely.

• When Southern Rock was good!

External Content youtu.be

• 8)