What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Taylor in his younger years... already so tasteful...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Prepare to be surprised...

External Content youtu.be

Good job, Got to give him credit. It's a bit risky and takes guts to try to do Frank.

• New Skid Row with Erik Grönwall (ex- H.E.A.T)

Yep, I've really enjoyed Erik singing with H.E.A.T, so hearing him with SR is pretty cool. If you haven't seen his video of "18 and Life", do yourself a favor and check it out. Pretty damn good interpretation to my ears!

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

I think Jimi would have loved this as he had a jazz background etc.

Excellent!

• Just close the eyes and listen...

As the question will likely come up, it's a masterbuilt guitar by Cuntz.

https://www.cuntz-guitars.de/

• balazs ; Hoki Toki

There are two videos where he is explaining his technique of polyrhythm.

• External Content youtu.be

=O:love:

• Any idea which kemper rig would be suitable for such a hybrid instrument?

• External Content youtu.be

=O:love:

I do really like Steve Vai and I think he is brilliant....but this seems a bit...Spinal Tap-ish ?

I know its not live but it also bothers me that some of the fretted notes ring out after he switches neck...

Am I being too picky? I'm perhaps just a bit jealous that I still struggle with pentatonics and he does this stuff :)

• Don't let the hat fool Ya!

• I do really like Steve Vai and I think he is brilliant....but this seems a bit...Spinal Tap-ish ?

I know its not live but it also bothers me that some of the fretted notes ring out after he switches neck...

Am I being too picky? I'm perhaps just a bit jealous that I still struggle with pentatonics and he does this stuff :)

I think this is all part of his Paganini stage gimmick and my head says it’s crazy impressive but my heart agrees. I wish we had more raw Vai, minus the gimmicks. Stuff that will outlast.

He’s a phenomenal player but I guess he feels this is the way to keep relevant while doing instrumental music in a world where it’s been many years since an instrumental track charted. Thing is he could easily hook up with Billie Eilish or the likes if he wanted a quick boost in the public consciousness. So maybe this is just his personal joy.