What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Ouch!

... Cute little tuner attached to the headstock - I wonder if knows why it's there.

... Wait, he couldn't memorize the lyrics to Cocaine?

... Come to think of it, I'm sure I've heard that guitar player before.... like at every Guitar Center I've ever been in.

... I admit I lasted a full minute - only wanted to see if a there were any projectiles or shouts "you suck!" (flashback to my 13 year old self and getting that reaction from my parents, brothers and sisters).

• There's that old saying, gotta start somewhere......but there's also this:

Put some fkn effort into it boys, this was just no effort and no communication, not one of them were aware of each other, what's worse is that people cheered. ok I'll stop judging them now lol

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• My all time fav 'Word Up' cover is from the band GUN but this new is fine too:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The GUN-version from their 'Swagger' album from '94. I highly recommend their first 3 albums!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As a Glaswegian I have to agree that the GUN version is awesome. They were/are a massively under rated band. Saw them live at the Barrowlands in Glasgow (home town gig) back on the Taking On The World Tour. They were fabulous.

• As a Glaswegian I have to agree that the GUN version is awesome. They were/are a massively under rated band. Saw them live at the Barrowlands in Glasgow (home town gig) back on the Taking On The World Tour. They were fabulous.

Alan, Gun is an awesome band. I never saw them live and by the time I got to know their first 3 records, the band hadn't existed. But I listened to those first 3 records countless times, they are all amazingly good. A real gem of hard rock swelling with energy and emotion with a very good taste and balance. It's very-very rare and they didn't do it in the '80s but in the' 90s when rock was no longer popular.

• The first GUN i heard as a youngster :P

( Still got the 45 vinyl ... )

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Hoki Toki I'm always learning something. :)

Some songs from '89 -'94

'89 (Taking on the World):

'92 (Gallus):

'94 (Swagger):

• I have forgotten about this cover song. The new...it's okey but Guns version is so much better. The original song is good too but not as good as Guns version.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• :D:D

Hey where’d you get that actual footage of all my gigs?

• I have forgotten about this cover song. The new...it's okey but Guns version is so much better. The original song is good too but not as good as Guns version.

I always preferred the punch of Guns version. The original is fun in a camp way though. Gun should have done better than they did but they had bad luck with timing and how the record companies chose to represent them as an over-polished hair rock band in the era of terrorvision and therapy? pulp, blur and oasis.

• I love Jeff Beck and I expected to be disappointed with this but I was mistaken. 8)

• Jonny Depp said his was a musician first and actor second at his love-a-dub trial. I never seen him perform. Thanks MuddySludge I think even my wife would like to see that vid. LOL.

Update: Wife watched it and loved it of course.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• It was uploaded back in 2016 and I realized at this point that Johnny wasn’t just posing with the instrument.

And this song was like Bowie writing it to him...

• His infamous ex-wife said she left because all he did was play guitar all day with a "bunch of old guys". That's how you know he is a genuine guitarist. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• His infamous ex-wife said she left because all he did was play guitar all day with a "bunch of old guys". That's how you know he is a genuine guitarist. ;)

8)

I don’t want to off but lately it’s pretty hard to avoid running into the Johnny / Amber lawsuit on youtube and well ... I’ve seen and heard some interesting things. :S It also turned out to me that Johnny has a great sense of humor - real sarcastic, sometimes dark humor. Also, that he treats the people around him very humanely. And yeah, he’s consuming certain drugs in serious amounts, but hey, I don’t think anyone was really surprised by that.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Poor video quality but fantastic lines. Strandberg is slowly making me curious...

• External Content youtu.be

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

• External Content youtu.be

• External Content www.youtube.com

Yes. Good choice SWASS. I love everything Alvin Lee played.