What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• M A B - you won't find a nicer guy who is as sincere as the day is long. He is a little quirky but anybody great at anything usually is a little bit in their own way. He doesn't like talking in front of people all that much and his stage fright pops up but he presses through it. He has a wicked, dry at times sense of humor and is a sweetheart of a dude. Great Great player and an even better person.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

• M A B - you won't find a nicer guy who is as sincere as the day is long. He is a little quirky but anybody great at anything usually is a little bit in their own way. He doesn't like talking in front of people all that much and his stage fright pops up but he presses through it. He has a wicked, dry at times sense of humor and is a sweetheart of a dude. Great Great player and an even better person.

I've never been a fan of his playing although I totally appreciate his technical ability. But it's always great to hear that someone who excels in any field is a genuinely nice person 😎🤘

• Dead Solid Perfect!8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I just was going to jump in and defend him but you really said it perfectly. He is an exceptionally good human being as well as one of the great technical innovators who really doesn't get the credit he deserves.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• I watched him live and forgot to breathe for a damn long time.

• '

Just read the news about Dave Smith's passing ....... ;(

I´ve own a Prophet-5 rev.2 since 1986 ( when I finally could afford one ... )

and I still have it, and then got the new Prophet-10 rev.4 last year, and they look

amazing and sound even better .....

Of all my vinyl records there must be at least one 3:rd with a Prophet-5

making heavenly sounds on them ...... ( Yes, Bill Bruford's solo albums, Tangerine dream,

Lee Ritenour, Level 42 and many more ... )

So thank you Dave Smith for your inventions ; first programable poly synth and the MIDI protocol, to name a few ....

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

Edited once, last by Hoki Toki ().

• External Content youtube.com

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

• 8)8)

• External Content youtube.com

Great cover and great band. Sorry, but I have to channel my dad though - If you're playing Frank, put on some decent threads and comb your damn hair! You look like a bunch of hobos!

There, I feel better, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a traditionalist.

• Still going strong with new members 8)

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• External Content youtu.be

• External Content youtu.be

• External Content www.youtube.com

• Gregg Fine explaines the solo in "Impressions" by Pat Martino.

One becomes painfully aware of what a musical loss Martino's death was last year.

[I get a very compareable sound with my ES 335 and the "Tube-Thomsen 5161_1"-Rig.]

External Content youtu.be