What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

• External Content www.youtube.com

The whole video is well worth a watch. Phil X solo is awesome but Bumblefoot is on a whole other level =O

• Play this through your good monitors or headphones. 8)

External Content www.youtube.com

• Play this through your good monitors or headphones. 8)

Overwhelming! Great band and absolutely worth seeing in concert. They always deliver. And I love that main guitar riff and that middle part here so much...

• It's really hard to like metal music (and most other genres) without a frame of reference - like having vocals in it or a least playing to a movie scene to tell the story. Without that, it just sounds like someone's demo. People want to sing to music. They want to relate to the story and tell it over again. Only the classics and a few Satriani, Eric Johnson, and Edgar Winter songs work without the story. Even Eruption comes off as a practice demo but works as a prelude as long as You Really Got Me follows.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• You don't miss vocals, really?

• You don't miss vocals, really?

Honestly, yes.

That is a great track and the girl is clearly an incredibly talented vocalist but for my money the track would be better with two guitars or guitar and sax. That's clearly just personal taste (or lack of taste maybe :D) but she does kind of kill a great instrumental for me.

• Here's some vocals for you.8)

• MuddySludge I love me some Ray as much as anyone :)

Not saying I don't like vocals, merely that I don't need them to make a song interesting. BayouTexan basically said that unless a track has vocals it sounds like a demo. That's definitely not the case for me. I grew up on Al Di Meola, Allan Holdsworth, Jeff Beck, Santana, John Scofield, Yngwie, Satch, Vai, Paul Gilbert, Joe Pass, Wes etc etc Also Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, John Coltrane and Big Bands like Duke and Basie. Vocals are great but not necessary to make a great track.

• A Stevie Wonder vocal song.