What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• Its a classic song, so ruling out based on her tatts...you are missing out dude!

My daughter has a lot of tatts - Im not a big fan, but there is less judgement these days on women with tatts..

It's why I prefer to listen to music rather than watching it. I believe women are beautiful the way God created them. If it was a temporary thing I wouldn't see it so negatively.

Strange comment. What does that have to do with the music?

I could make an argument how more tats has equaled lower quality of music today as it is part of social media influence and acceptance but I'll save that book for another day. To answer your question: It turns me off.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• It's why I prefer to listen to music rather than watching it. I believe women are beautiful the way God created them. If it was a temporary thing I wouldn't see it so negatively.

I could make an argument how more tats has equaled lower quality of music today as it is part of social media influence and acceptance but I'll save that book for another day. To answer your question: It turns me off.

We will have to agree to disagree with that one before we shoot down a rabbit hole.... :)

• I believe women are beautiful the way God created them. If it was a temporary thing I wouldn't see it so negatively.

And I believe the body are like clay. You can do whatever you want with it as long as that make you happy and no God has created anything. :)

And I don't care about how anyone looks like. If the music is good for my ears that's all that matters.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Look... a No Tats video! ;)

I remember Neil Geraldo saying he hated this song. I also remember him saying he was never a good lead player so he made sure he could play the rhythm very well. I think he does it all very well, and he is one I try to emulate.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Did you know that Billy Joel took acting lessons from Sylvester Stallone? ;) I like the percussive flow of this song.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

• External Content youtu.be

Goodbye, Legend, R.I.P.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• what can I say? Words fail me.

External Content youtu.be

• Wow, what an incredible intelligent and clever way to use playing skills and technology on the effects board to retain the essence and all those nice elements in the song. Awesome how he does that... and still smiles while doing it... :thumbup:8)

• I know. I stumbled across him on Truefire a few weeks ago but didn't open the course at the time. Then I saw an advert for a Martin Taloy, Tommy Emmanuel guitar camp and noticed Mike Dawes was also teaching at at. Thought I would check out some of his albums and was blown away but assumed he was using loopers or overdubs to do it. I thought I would try and find a video of him playing live to see if I was right. Holy crap! turns out I was miles out. The guy is just an alien with special powers that us mere earthlings can only dream of.

Plus an EVH inspired acoustic top. What's not to like 8)

• Back to my youth in the mid 80s... some personal memories as I visited Florida back then as a student and watched "The Breakfast Club" there as it just came out. The original drum intro always gave me goosebumps 8)

Anyway, still a great song... Kemper spotting left hand side behind Charlie Burchill. And I just recently learned that the song was originally written by producer Keith Forsey for Billy Idol who didn't like it so that Simple Minds could pick it up...