Rig Exchange Guidelines

• I apologize ahead of time if this is something easily available. I am looking for the guidelines for uploading to the Rig Exchange.

Specifically I was curious if you can only upload amps and cabinets that YOU have profiled or if you can upload a tone you created with someone else's amp profile.

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
    But that's the way I like it baby
    I don't wanna live forever

• Generally speaking you should be the author of the profile you want to upload.
    A few exceptions to this basic rule have been accepted in the past if a tweaked rig added some value like creative use of FX etc.
    But again, these remain exceptions.

• Specifically I was curious if you can only upload amps and cabinets that YOU have profiled or if you can upload a tone you created with someone else's amp profile.

please read the guidelines which can be found where you upload Rigs to the exchange. you cannot upload a Rig which contains an amp profile somebody else did.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• please read the guidelines which can be found where you upload Rigs to the exchange. you cannot upload a Rig which contains an amp profile somebody else did.

"You must be the original author of the rig and profile, in other words, please do not upload other people's work."

Question: I eventually liked to demonstrate some tricks with Kempers FX which are not that obviuos for the guitar player, more stuff that producers / sound engineers would do to a guitar sound. Can I then use a profile that Kemper did?

Taken your rule literally, it would be illegal. On the other hand its not harming anybody, more the opposite... I guess Gundy Keller did so, maybe with Kempers explicit permission?

Ne travaillez jamais.

• No problem. Then I will simply not do this. May so many Kemper owners continue to underestimate the FX power of the toaster...

Nothing's stopping you from sharing via Dropbox, as long as it's not a commercial profile. As I'm aware, those rules only apply to the Rig Exchange.

• I was used to the Line 6 ecosystem which had the "Custom Tone Library" but it was a "free for all". As a result you did find a lot of "duds" but also some really cool stuff.

I understand this is a different beast with Profiling and the capabilities of this awesome device.

It would be cool if there was the Official Rig Exchange as we have now and then another portal of sorts where people could share their creations they'd like to show off or search for profiles tone matched to their favorite artists.

But then you have the problem of purchased content being used and that would be hard to police so it would have to be an "honor system".

So the rules make sense, we can still share link in the forum.

Edited 2 times, last by motochick ().

• It would be cool if there was the Official Rig Exchange as we have now and then another portal of sorts where people could share their creations they'd like to show off or search for profiles tone matched to their favorite artists.

This has been suggested a number of times, Jen, and I love the idea myself, but as you say:

But then you have the problem of purchased content being used and that would be hard to police so it would have to be an "honor system".

Having thought about this a bit, I wonder if it would at least be possible for a "Tweaked-sharing" section to work if it were restricted to Factory and possibly "your own" Rigs only.

My thinking is that the Factory-rig thing should prove simple to monitor, and almost by definition, said Rigs are already "cleared" in terms of ownership and use by all Kemperites, and that by uploading one's own Profiles, one would essentially be giving permission for them to also be used for further tweaking and sharing in this section.

G String, I'm curious what your thoughts on this might be, mate.