Which amp profile will make you buy a Kemper ?

• I want some Redplate amps profiled (if they still haven't done so).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGleCvglnbc

Lars

+1000

This one is also fantastic!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCXa941PUxI&feature=relmfu

in the meantime try the Fuchs ODS30 profile from Peter Fischer, with a little adjustment should take you quite there..

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hey,

Just registered and thought this would be a fine first post.

Some rare amps would do it for me:

- Reason SM series

- Tone King Metropolitan

- Port Cirt amps

- Cameron Atomica or a cameron modded Marshall

- Mad Professor amps

- Duesenberg Doozy

- Holmes Mississippi Bluesmaster

- DAR amps (Ola are you reading this? :D)

• I think A LOT of people are waiting for an authentic sounding Mesa Mark IIc (with the classic v-shaped graphic EQ) - this seems to be an amp/sound that *none* of the current modelers can nail!

I personally can't wait to profile my modded '65 Super-Reverb - It's the same amp I used live and in the studio with Koinonia :thumbup:

All modelers known to man 8o

• I think A LOT of people are waiting for an authentic sounding Mesa Mark IIc (with the classic v-shaped graphic EQ) - this seems to be an amp/sound that *none* of the current modelers can nail!

I personally can't wait to profile my modded '65 Super-Reverb - It's the same amp I used live and in the studio with Koinonia :thumbup:

There is a Mesa Mark V version of that sound.

Without eq: http://www.4shared.com/file/sB…9_18-10-25_-_MARK_2C.html
    With eq: http://www.4shared.com/file/Qd…_18-11-35_-_MARK_2CE.html

Let us know what you think about ;)

Edit: The profiles are from Dimebug

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The cascading gain on Mark II's is always a tough one as the Mark II's (and Mark IV channel 3) have 2 gain/drive controls - on a Mark II the channel 1 volume also drives channel 2. This allows the user to dramatically change the character of the overdrive from thinner and edgy to thick and fluid. Most modelers, and the Mesa Mark V, only have 1 gain control so you're stuck with the designer's preference for the other drive/gain control. To me it sounds like the first volume is set at around 5 on most modelers which is versatile and good for rock & metal, but a good 80's fusion sound needs it up around 7.

I would like a profile of a Mark IIB, punchy and less grainy than a IIC+.

Radley, I saw Koinonia a few times when 'More Than a Feelin' and 'Celebration' came out, great tone! Will you be sharing profiles of your Super?

• [quote='guitarnet70',index.php?page=Thread&postID=20064#post20064]Radley, I saw Koinonia a few times when 'More Than a Feelin' and 'Celebration' came out, great tone! Will you be sharing profiles of your Super?

Money talks! (just joshin'!) :D

• Yes - I also played an overdub session where the producer rented a Mesa Mark IIb for me to play through, and it was smooth as silk for both lines and solos!

PS: I won't have access to my new Kemper until I get back from our Hawaii concerts around the 24th of this month - can't wait to hear it and profile all of the modified amps I will soon be selling on eBay (no more room in our house!) If the profiles are as good as the actual amps, I will have no problems saying goodbye! This does however bring up an issue for me: since I have modified these amps to get the very specific sound I strive for, should I really be sharing these profiles with the world? Part of me thinks it is too personal...

Edited once, last by Radley ().

• Well, at least I've bought the KPA a few days ago..... :thumbup:

but would like Joe Bonamassa profiling his (most expensive) 4 channel Amp Rig at his scoopy settings.
    And a profile of Kossoffs SLs with his pimped Cabs would be cool too..... :S

what a nonsens for my first post on this nice place :pinch:

cheers
    N

• Welcome on board!

• And a profile of Kossoffs SLs with his pimped Cabs would be cool too..... :S

Didn't Kossoff play a Super Bass? I know he played a "black flag" JTM 45/100 in the early days of Free but got most famous for the use of a Super Bass' and matching Cabs (100 Watt 4x12" w/t G12H30 55Hz). But I agree though, a selection of legendary vintage Marshalls would definitely make me buy a Kemper (well I will buy it eventually anyway). There are many fine boutique amps already profiled but some legendary items are missing that I would like to see:

In no particular order:

- JTM 45 Bluesbreaker 2x12" Combo. Sure we have the amp but we don't have the cab with the Alnico Celestions and the very distinctive sound

- Marshall JTM 45/100 "black flag" (early Kossoff, Hendrix, The Who)

- Marshall Super Lead/ Super Bass '67, 10.000 serial number range (Cream and later Kossoff)

- The same as above but from the later '68, 12.000 range (van Halen brownsound, those had crunchier gain, more aggressive)

- Selmer Treble and Bass 50 (this was a secret weapon studio amp and is heard on more records than we know. Also allegedly used by Kossoff for the "Allright now" solo)

- Supro Thunderbolt (made famous by Jimmy Page "Stairway to heaven" but was used a lot by Hendrix as well)

- Supro Coronado modded with 12" speaker - this is an alternative opinion on what is supposed to be the "Stairway to heaven" amp. The LZ-Police doesn't seem to be sure about that one ;)

- Magnatone Tonemaster (made famous by an internet hype on youtube :D - seriously: Phil X gets great sounds out of it and that guy knows what he's doing) also the amp of Buddy Holly

- Boogie MK IIb/c clean and crunch This is the sound of Keith Richards in the 70s and 80s and also Bruce Springsteens main amp on stage. (I find it odd to have the MK IV as a stock profile since IMHO it is Boogies least desirable piece of all amps). Also the 80s Dire Straits amp

- brownface Vibrolux (early Dire Straits)

- tweed Deluxe (early ZZ Top and modern Clapton)

- tweed Twin

- Dumble Overdrive Special - I personally never cared about that sound, but many people consider it the holy grail, so there must be something to them.

- Trainwreck Express and Liverpool - I personally never cared about their sound either, but as much a holy grail as the Dumble

- Hiwatt DR-103 (later The Who and David Gilmour, also Gabriel-era Genesis) Those are very clean and bright amps that are great for using pedals - just like Gilmour did throughout his career

I would also like to see the Marshalls profiled with a proper vintage 1960 cab with pre-Rola G12M25 and/or G12H30 and with ribbon mics if possible. Vintage 30s miked with SM57s are not bad at all but now since everybody and his neighbour are getting back to Greenbacks (thanks to the Scumback hype) having that sound in the KPA wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, I'm sure before I even get my KPA there will be user profiles of all those amps already which is the greatest thing about the Kemper.

• You would really need 2 kempers here, at least. From the interviews that used to be out there, he always ran a silver jub, and then one of the other three amps. So, really two amps minimum. One kpa to nail the main tone, and the other to run one of three other sims. I tried this with the axe and it was cool, but running two amps inside, even split left and right didnt quite get there. That and I had to have 2 presets to accomplish the different options with the jub. 2 axes, or 2 kpa, of when my kpa arrives-one of each!

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57
    Amp-Axefx2, KPA, G5, GSP1101, RCF, QSC, Matrix, EHX-Mag44

• Yepp you're right, JB's stacks running vertically and only the jubilee is always on. The rest is pushing mids and reverb/delay. I would be lucky only to get a silver jubilee profiled with no full gain ^^. The jubilee is one of my all time favs... ANY JUBILEES HERE ???