Rig Manager 1.6 Crash my comp and what about OS updates via USB in the future ?

• In a last 4 plus years my toaster crashed only few times ,in that early period of vintage OS .
    It was not a big deal ,standard recovery procedure brought back everything in order each and every time.

Today , I installed newest RM 1.6 and my comp get crashed and frozen several times .
    Automatically restart was not possible , so I had to restart comp manually .

After hours of torture ,I get back to 1.5 .
    OK ,that's easy one , we will wait for 1.6 release .

But , what about us , the guys who do not have their studio computers connected on line ?

Is that mean that we will not be able to update new OS anymore , on standard way by USB ?

Is that mean that new OS will be able to be updated ONLY via RM and online ???

If that so , then it is big problem .

Or , I am missing something here, please highlight me :thumbup:

Thanks .

Tom Andersons guitars >Kemper>QSC's and/or JP Le Roux amp and Mesa Cab

• My question is can we have newest OS by standard way - USB or only by RM and online ????

release versions you will be able to download both through Rig Manager and as a file you put on an USB stick. As for beta versions, we will have to see. what you write in regards of your issues with Rig Manager doesn't sound like a problem which will solve itself by waiting for a release version.

• Thanks G string .
    Yes , I am not worried about current issues with beta RM, it will be sorted out , as I noted in my original post.

I just want like "off line " user with my studio computer to be able to update OS and RM regularly , as usual.

Tom Andersons guitars >Kemper>QSC's and/or JP Le Roux amp and Mesa Cab

Edited once, last by Rescator ().