Possibly the Biggest No-brainer Ever

• The best deal I saw was the annual subscription with 2x $100 vouchers towards plugins back in February.

Since they they've dropped the subscription to $15 and now temporarily introduced the $150 towards one plugin.

Which IS the Black Friday deal I think, no?

• The cheaper annual fee doesn't seem to come with the ilok though. Check out http://slatedigital.com/sign-up/ With the higher price and http://slatedigital.com/black-friday-sign-up/

The latter is only if you are an existing customer I believe as it says 'must use the email address that we sent this link to you with'. I'm not an existing customer so hanging on till it is actually fri. There's nothing on the standard site mentioning Black Friday yet I've noticed.

• Ahh, you are correct. The email says "to loyal customers" and I gotta say I've been quite "loyal" if purchasing is main ingredient.

I have way too many plugins to be seeking more, but IF I could get UA quality replacements in a native plugin,
    then like Ingolf I would jump ship too.

But then I'd need to replace my interface. But which one?

RME: Not a fan of the Babyface. Mix software was a bear.
    Apogee: Good for mac, but cheap quality cause it easily. But it's largely plug-n-play. I had trouble with gauging the duet's gain staging tho.
    Focusrite: Chassis is quality on the Clarett 2Pre, but it uses a Thunderbolt connection which is overkill to me.
    Audient: I was impressed with the iD22 a lot.

From my experience so far it would be: Focusrite vs Audient

with a strong leaning towards the Audient from playing around with both because of the Audient preamp.
    Both have easy to understand mix software.

Wasn't buying Slate supposed to be SOLVING problems, not creating more? lol

• My pleasure, and agreed, Gary. We're so lucky.

The best deal I saw was the annual subscription with 2x $100 vouchers towards plugins back in February.

Since they they've dropped the subscription to $15 and now temporarily introduced the $150 towards one plugin.

Which IS the Black Friday deal I think, no?

Well, it's $149 for the annual, which is less than it was then, and the voucher is for any plugin, which means it's effectively worth $199 (the price of the two I'm tossing up), so this deal's obviously-better, db.

What about MOTU AVB?

Every conceivable configuration to choose from, network as many as you like, super-low latency, powerful onboard DSP and mixing, Thunderbolt, USB or ethernet, and IMHO by far the best-bang-for-buck converters out there, virtually indistinguishable from the most-esoteric ones available.

• If I had a nickel every time Monkey_Man says "MOTU" haha!

BTW, the recent black friday deal by Slate is this same thing for all. BUT he mentioned releasing a mix tutorial for a Rock Session that will include the stub WAV files and full-chain preset plugs. Now THAT is a deal and a half on top of a deal. (boy do I sound like a shill)

Also, I recently got the VMS, so having the everything bundle does make everything in the Mix Rack available. But while they are good, I'm not using all of them. I still prefer some Wav compressors for vocals & some UA EQ's. The Eiosis I already had, but it's a good overall EQ if you want to carve safely. What's cool is I bought it separately but my license allows it in the Slate Mix Rack.

• A caveat for anyone thinking of chipping in on Slate's "Pre-Black Friday" deal ($149 for 1 year of Everything PLUS a free permanent plugin license - existing customers only)

... what they don't tell you is that you have to use your free plugin voucher by 11/29 which means you can't wait for the upcoming FG-STRESS release to come out and then pull the trigger on it.

The PBF deal is probably over by now, but I thought I'd mention that because I had to undo that order and get a refund there.

-djh

• Good info, thanks. I didn't see an expiration date for the voucher until your post!

I figured I'd go with the verbs since I have compressors galore. In the description of that slammer compressor it sounds like it's mainly for drums?

• It was discussed up until the post immediately-prior to one you made a page ago, db:

If not, I'm wondering if this is something we can all decide at the end of the twelve months rather than at the start? That's a better idea for everyone to be honest - we can all see what we use the most.

You guys were right - I now have a coupon It actually only has a 7 day validity on it so I'll be making my mind up this week.

Bummer about the 7-day thing. Tough to know which to choose as I only have my Mac speaker to judge anything by.

It is a shame about the 7 days but I've filed it in the bin of first world problems I'm getting a plugin that I was considering anyway at a discount plus I'm getting a year's rental of a fair few others.

Just letting you know, bud.

If I had a nickel every time Monkey_Man says "MOTU" haha!

Yeah, I'm rusted-on; there's no denying it. I mention the brand often also because it flies under the radar so much, especially Digital Performer.

Still, you haven't responded, matey: Did you consider an AVB interface? You mentioned 4 other brands and seemed to be looking for answers / suggestions.

• Yeah, I'm rusted-on; there's no denying it. I mention the brand often also because it flies under the radar so much, especially Digital Performer.
    Still, you haven't responded, matey: Did you consider an AVB interface? You mentioned 4 other brands and seemed to be looking for answers / suggestions.

I wasn't aware of such a throughput! Makes sense though. I wonder why they don't push this option more, or make it alternately available? It frees up an I/O slot since I use the internet wirelessly. I'll definitely keep it in mind. Not pulling the trigger any time soon. Just asking and putting advice on the radar of "what to do next"