Monkymans Avatar closed

• Nicky you rock!! Consider my monkey playing my les paul a tribute to your fine personality and humor. You my friend are a great contribution to this forum, pick an avatar and we stand by you. :thumbup:

Edit: It's a shame that all can't see the avatars we selected in support of you after they are changed. Oh, well those that witnessed it will remember................

• Thank you! You guys rock, man... I mean, men... er... apes...

I showed my due respect and solidarity with the @Monkey_Man.
    But now I found it's the right time to go back to my ugly self. ;)

Rather than create clutter with multiple quotes, I'm going to use Ingolf's statement as a shining example of the sort of sentiment I was hoping for. I can't tell you guys what to think; I wouldn't dare, but I do feel that feelings have been well-and-truly expressed, positions stated, and points made. Like Ingy says, it's time to hobble home, left-over beers under arms and avatar flags draped over our shoulders. OK, I've employed a bucketload of artistic licence there, but you know what I mean. LOL

Ingy, ugly self? Mate, you look more handsome than ever! Seriously, your previous avatar was zoomed in closer so only your face was visible, but now we can see it in some sort of context - that of how it sits on your neck - which IMHO does it far more justice than simply having it float about the forum in a disembodied state. Know what I mean? LOL

Thank you again for playing ball, guys. Time for the mods to get some sleep me reckons.

EDIT: Sorry I missed your post, Zapman. Thank you for the oh-so-kind words, mate!

It's a shame that all can't see the avatars we selected in support of you after they are changed. Oh, well those that witnessed it will remember....

The avatars won't be forgotten, mate, at least not most of them. I took the liberty of archiving sample "snapshots" of random threads at the height of the avatar rally for the express purpose of serving as a reminder to me not only of the superb, ape-alicious collection of pics on show, many of which I experimented with years ago before I settled upon my "permanent" one, but also of the simply-awesome support you guys expressed and the qualities of character that you showed. I was truly overawed, humbled, flattered and any number of suitable adjectives one could think of; extremely-stressed comes to mind, but I'm choosing to forget that aspect of it!

Not something one forgets in a hurry mate; in my case, ever.

• I would still like to see you with an avatar.

I would like to see everybody with one.

It helps me to recall in a flash who you are.
    The image, in short time, whether it is your face or not gets linked to your name.

It may even show how you would like your personality to be seen.

Now you and everybody that does not use an avatar are like a ghost or the wizard behind the curtain.

• I agree and feel the same way, ITTO. Give it time, mate. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime, and I genuinely mean that.

I refuse to pressure anyone on this. I trust that with time, anyone who was inconvenienced in the past by it will mellow in his / her stance on the matter. For now 'though, this whole thing is done and dusted as far as I'm concerned; the thought of any further debate curdles my monkey fur, mate, as I'm sure you'd understand.

• Ingy, ugly self? Mate, you look more handsome than ever! Seriously, your previous avatar was zoomed in closer so only your face was visible, but now we can see it in some sort of context - that of how it sits on your neck - which IMHO does it far more justice than simply having it float about the forum in a disembodied state. Know what I mean? LOL

That's some serious forum bromance right there :D

• Why just not respect for everybody. For everything.

I meant that.. I wrote it differently but I didn't mean to exclude someone or something.
    Sorry if I wrote it bad.
    I'm so shocked that this happens in a "piece of gear" forum! And if I remember well this isn't the first time that something similar happens.

• I meant that.. I wrote it differently but I didn't mean to exclude someone or something.Sorry if I wrote it bad.
    I'm so shocked that this happens in a "piece of gear" forum! And if I remember well this isn't the first time that something similar happens.

Sometimes it comes to my mind that here almost everybody join to talk about what they like and this like almost nowhere else. This is extraordinary in times like these.. i like that a lot!

• I meant that.. I wrote it differently but I didn't mean to exclude someone or something.Sorry if I wrote it bad.

Sure @Danides I know what you meant, but I am sometimes specific to the bones so that's why I just updated your statement. No harm dome.
    What has shocked you in a "piece of gear" forum?

• Sure @Danides I know what you meant, but I am sometimes specific to the bones so that's why I just updated your statement. No harm dome.What has shocked you in a "piece of gear" forum?

That there is also censorship (and for silly reasons) and not only moderation. Sometime ago a user was banned (I don't remember the name) and many others protested to have him back. It usually happens in a political discussion and not in a forum about an instrument to play music. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

• That there is also censorship (and for silly reasons) and not only moderation. Sometime ago a user was banned (I don't remember the name) and many others protested to have him back. It usually happens in a political discussion and not in a forum about an instrument to play music. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Now I get it.

• +1 for Ape avatar festival each year from Oct 1st - Oct 14th!
    I also do respect Nicky's wish to end this year fest.
    And for archiving purpose I would like to ask all of you - dear monkey brothers, to upload and link your 2016 ape avatar here. ;) Thank you!

Mine Aptoberfest 2016 avatar was:

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/FNkyOrS.jpg]

See you next year!