Pros and Cons of the Kemper. Going to buy something digital, please post feedback.

• What I've noticed is that most (not all) of the AxeFX (and not the AX8) endorsers use it for its FX, not for its amp tone. This is easily verifiable.

The Kemper, on the other hand, is used for its amp tone by its endorsers. And it's FX are not as diverse as the Axe, but they are definitely high quality. And some are unique, like the pitch shifter with pure tuning, or the morph effect. What's more, there are more FX being developed by the good folks at Kemper Amps.

I know which one I would want from a do-it-all box.

• I'm a simple guy, so I hardly ever use tons of effects. When playing live, it's difficult to pick up the subtleties and in the studio, other people use their own effects on my basic tone. I'm also doing more cab less gigs (straight into the desk then monitor with in ears). So

Pro

Sounds the same after being on for hours (possibly my favourite)
    Sounds the same in different rooms
    Sounds killer straight into the desk (live and studio)
    Has loads of great effects built in
    Responds brilliantly to my third party foot switch (fcb1010)
    Said footswitch is supported by Kemper (at least in terms of their response to my issues with beta software, and they don't need to do this)
    Doesn't hiss and fizz and make me nervous when on pressure gigs in case a valve closes down

Con

Doesn't walk the dog or make coffee

M

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Still after two years of using the kemper I am so happy wth it because
    for me it's all about the tone. And there is no limit.
    Profile a amp if you want.
    If you have time search on the rig exchange and you will find so many excellent profiles.
    Or spend a little money in commercial profiles.
    I do all of them :D

• What I've noticed is that most (not all) of the AxeFX (and not the AX8) endorsers use it for its FX, not for its amp tone. This is easily verifiable.

Exactly my thoughts a while ago..

As for the FX I wonder also..live on stage (as one of several bands that evening;) complex FX are not really what you want since almost no venue will be acoustically fit for the complex FX-tweakings one uses in studio or at home alone with the pc in your silent bedroom..playing live I want delays and reverbs which are "sufficient" in difficult venues and can be heard without to push the delaymix up to a gazillion % making the basic amp sound bad..the Kemper FX have this quality.Specially the Delays.More than just "sufficient" for live gigs.They sound really good.

In studio you have top class dedicated tools/top class plug ins for each effect while you will ofcourse record as dry as possible or the tone guy/producer will shoot you.. and at home with your pro tools or Logic/Cubase etc again you have much better plug ins than in any modeller and you have all the time to tweak them.

Nevertheless in five minutes the next guy here will come and say "you will be the first to use the new delays"..and my answer will be yes ofcourse.. :D

There are enough situations I would need great,inspirational delays and reverbs.Any jam situation is such a moment or sitting deep at night alone with your guitar and a glass of good wine while the muses are flying around you... ;)

For "main work" fx of the profiler are not a top priority.

• Of course, some FX on the Kemper have to be used directly in the studio until they give us the option of transmitting midi CCs, such as the pitch, wah and morph FX. That is, of course, unless you prefer to draw the curves in your DAW, though I think this would be an extremely rigid way to do things.

In that respect, it's great that these FX are of very high quality.

• To be honest I still use a dedictated Wah..but you are right about the morphing.I will use this for recording and so..yes..top class FX would be a must in this case..agree.. :)

• Highlighted has REALLY been an added blessing. Just Profiled my Peavey 6505 Mini Head. It's a hissy beast on Lead channel. Profile is nice and quiet.

Meeting someone later today and selling that 6505 MH/ I actually have a better version of it now on my KPA.