True wah pedal connection

• I have a Dunlop DVP3 expression pedal and Boss FS7 switch.
    The switch is for up and down rigs.

The Expression will now be for Morphing or volume. I have been using it as a wah.

So both pedal inputs are used up.

This leaves me with no where else to connect another expression pedal for a wah that I am aware of without getting a remote, which I do not want.

So I have a Weeping Demon wah coming tomorrow.
    Is this a mistake?

One being the pedal itself being a tone suck maybe, or is there a way to connect another expression pedal instead of putting a real wah inline or in my loop with my Strymons which is set up in stereo?

Wondering if I should not even open the box from Amazon and send it right back.

• Have a look in the Reference Manual (I think) for the "volume to wah" options. Do you really need to have Volume, Morph, and Wah available at the same time?

You could also look at a box to convert your third pedal into a MIDI signal and then running that into the Kemper's MIDI input. Something like: http://www.midisolutions.com/prodfsw.htm - downside, it needs power.

• Have a look in the Reference Manual (I think) for the "volume to wah" options. Do you really need to have Volume, Morph, and Wah available at the same time?

You could also look at a box to convert your third pedal into a MIDI signal and then running that into the Kemper's MIDI input. Something like: http://www.midisolutions.com/prodfsw.htm - downside, it needs power.

Maybe not all at the same time but at least 2.
    I do want 2 physical pedals for sure though.

I am not looking to buy other equipment just to use 2 pedals.

I don't want to have to switch a single pedal midstream.

I don't have a way of doing that anyway.

I am not looking to go midi. That is just another door I really don't feel I need to open. That is just going farther than I truly need for my playing.

Less equipment, less thinking, more playing.

• I'd use a small midi pedal for rig up/down and a second expression for wah.

However, you should be fine with using a Wah pedal in front of the Kemper.

I just looked up a small midi pedal.
    Amazon has a Midi Mouse.

That should do just fine, huh?

Cost as much as a decent wah or expression pedal though.

I never considered or even thought about using a simple midi switch to change rigs. I just bought switches for that and my Beatbuddy drum pedal.
    The very little I have payed attention to other people's midi conversations left me not interested in that route.

I kind of thought it a bit much for anything I would need.
    Never thought of a simple midi switch.

Figured anything with the KPA would need programmed or something.

Now I am debating if I should just send the wah back as soon as it comes and get another expression and the Midi Mouse.

Thanks

I looked at your possible method but I guess if I would be going the midi route anyway, getting a simple midi switch would probably make the most sense.

Thanks for your input.

• Well the pedal got here earlier today and I tried it out directly out of my guitar and it sounds good to me.
    I may keep the wah now.

Probably will end up getting the midi switch anyway to open the holes back up for something else.

• The Weeping Demon is a great wah pedal, sort of a cult item with a lot of users who love it and some that hate it.

A midi moose midi footswitch would be a great idea, but I would look into something with bank up and down in addition to slot up and down. This will save you a lot of scrolling in order to reach the performance or profile you are looking for.

• The Weeping Demon is a great wah pedal, sort of a cult item with a lot of users who love it and some that hate it.

A midi moose midi footswitch would be a great idea, but I would look into something with bank up and down in addition to slot up and down. This will save you a lot of scrolling in order to reach the performance or profile you are looking for.

I am not a huge wah user so I just like to have it there when I get the urge.
    I have no other to compare except my expression pedal using the KPA wahs.
    Just wanted an open slot.

A midi moose must be MUCH larger than a mouse. :D
    I may be looking for something with a couple more buttons/ options.
    Probably not moose size though. Somewhere between a moose and a mouse I guess. 8o

• I am not a huge wah user so I just like to have it there when I get the urge.I have no other to compare except my expression pedal using the KPA wahs.
    Just wanted an open slot.

A midi moose must be MUCH larger than a mouse. :D
    I may be looking for something with a couple more buttons/ options.
    Probably not moose size though. Somewhere between a moose and a mouse I guess. 8o

Well, it's got five presets and one up and one down bank buttons. That should be all you need to access performances, for example. 17" x 3.6" x 1.5".

Another thing you could look into is a Morning Star foot controller. They are pretty compact, have eight (six?) footswitches that are programmable and a nice display to boot.

• Well, it's got five presets and one up and one down bank buttons. That should be all you need to access performances, for example. 17" x 3.6" x 1.5".
    Another thing you could look into is a Morning Star foot controller. They are pretty compact, have eight (six?) footswitches that are programmable and a nice display to boot.

Oh damn!
    It wasn't a mistype. There actually is a midi moose.
    I thought you messed up typing moose instead of mouse. :D Too funny.

Just looked at the Morning Star MC 6. Would be cool if I could use midi to control my Strymons too. But now I need to go to programming school.

• Oh damn!It wasn't a mistype. There actually is a midi moose.
    I thought you messed up typing moose instead of mouse. :D Too funny.

Just looked at the Morning Star MC 6. Would be cool if I could use midi to control my Strymons too. But now I need to go to programming school.

It isn't terribly complex.

To start, just know to change "patches/profiles" you send a PC (Programme Change) number.

To change a parameter, you send a CC (Control Change) message.

You send these messages on a midi channel being used by your device. Eg. Kemper on 1, Strymon Reverb on 2, etc. There are a total of 16 channels possible. You can even hook up more than one device on one channel and control them with the same PC number. Eg. change to profile 1 on Kemper and patch one on Strymon.

It's ludicrously simple once you get your head around it. And once you've applied yourself, it's a skill in the music biz!

• I have tinkered a little with midi. not a whole lot.
    Mostly just connecting devices that can talk to each other on their own.
    Just tell them what channel and all.

I have a Maschine that uses it and my Timeline, Big sky, Mobius and beat buddy pedal chat.