Any others find Sinmix + Tonehammer profiles TOO LOUD?

• The stock HR50 is too muddy for this sort of speed metal, the riffs just becomes blur if the sound isn't sharp enough.

I high and low pass filter most profiles, but especially higher gain metal profiles benefit from a high pass--and the same is done in the studio or FOH. You might try adding a high and low pass filter at ~80Hz and 9kHz. Also, you can try pulling a little out around 200 Hz and/or 400 Hz to clean up any boominess and further tighten palm mutes. Another trick, besides putting a boost in front of the amp, is to use a compressor in front of a moderate gain amp to maintain clarity.

• I use passive pickups but have NEVER had clipping issues with SinMix or ToneHammer.

As a matter of fact, the only times I get clipping is on cleans from other retailers and when too much reverb mixed in.

• That's my X04 profile ain't it? If so people can get it here for free :)

• Man even my black outs on my 2016 7 string Loomis dont go any where near it ...
    i have EVERY pack from Sin /Franks and Lars (tonehammar)
    The black outs are really sensitive too...

WTF!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I bought their Badger 35 profiles tonight. They were absolutely horrid! Unbearably bad! The shrill and harshness was nauseating.

I own a Suhr Badger 35 and wanted to compare profiles, for $10 why not? I'd pay $10 to destroy those profiles.

• Me :) haha

i offered him another pack of his choice for free. No respond :)

You can´t make everyone happy

But yeah our Suhr Badger is terrible ;)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ^^ Well thats the ONLY one that is "terrible" that cannot take away from the caliber of the other profiles
    just saying NO WAY does that reflect the rest ;)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• You can't satisfy everybody, but for me the Suhr Badger 35 is one of my favorites Profile pack for rock sound at low and mid gain with a Strat .
    High gain I do not use so much, but if I use I prefer Diezel VH4. Also for this Amp TH is one of the great vendors for me.

• Edit- *Great playing @Cederick! Reminds me of old Testament, Annihilator, Vio-lence,etc..

• HAha, three bands I've never really listened to :D

Actually "part 1" is sort of my interpretation of what I think Iced Earth sounds like. I mean just like the other three, I've heard them, but never listened. But I dig Schaffers gallopping technique, even tho I can't do it as great as he can. But I've never got into their music.

"part 2" however is more in the vein of Overkill... which I actually listen to from time to time.

Not a huge thrash fan overall, actually. I like a few bands, but absolute LOVE Dark Angel - Darkness Descends. It has the all-out rage and speed I want from thrash.