Sinmix Friedman BE 10 artifact noise? (Update: many other profiles with same artefacts)

• Dear all,

Getting these bizarre digital artifacts -- or whatever they are! -- while playing single notes with said profile.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Clean and distortion sens seem to have no effect on this. Different guitars used as well and the effect is similar.

I am not sure about this, but I think I've heard said artifacts with other gainy+bright profiles as well.. but not quite to this extend.

Has this been your experience as well with certain profiles or something's up with my kemper? I'm on the latest OS.

Cheerios

• Uhm a short update. Nah, this doesn't happen only with the sinmix profile. It happens with quite a few profiles, even some of my own making -- usually the bright/gainy ones.

• Tried with a few cables, 5 different guitars with a range of pickups... There with many profiles. No input clipping.

• I have this too but I got this with most high-gain units I played so far, sometimes more and sometimes less but I think it is always there somehow. That's why I sorted this out as normal. If it really isn't in the end let me know how to get rid of it.

• To me it sounds like string buzz when your action is set too low and your stings are hitting the fretboard.

Indeed. It does sound like string buzz. But I'm getting it with all guitars (some set up with very high action, perfect fret levels, ect) . It's something I never noticed with the kemper before , which has me think it appeared recently.

• I have this too but I got this with most high-gain units I played so far, sometimes more and sometimes less but I think it is always there somehow. That's why I sorted this out as normal. If it really isn't in the end let me know how to get rid of it.

I just checked with my old pod xt and I couldn't get it to happen. It most certainly doesn't happen with my tube amps either as far as I see. However -- My yamaha thr apparently does the same as the kemper (testing atm) just to a lesser extent depending on profile. I have to pay close attention to hear it with the yamaha where as it's fairly obvious with the friedman profile, some of my own marshall profiles, commercial profiles of different sellers . . Not so much if at all with say a boosted an AC 20 profile I use.

Edited once, last by Dimi84 ().

• Same here. I assumed string buzz at first, too, but actually my guitars are set up correctly. Tried lowering the PUs nevertheless. Did not solve that issue for me. I also had this unwanted buzz on top of the sound with a POD HD, so I did not dare to blame the KPA for that. I do not have this with my Tonelab though. It happens on most highgain rigs. No clipping in any rig. ?(

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Do you got a compressor in the chain because evidently something is attempting to warp the tone. Doesn't sound like sync issues UNLESS maybe your string is getting chalked on the fret. How old is the axe your using?

• At least for me: Regardless of the OS :( Tried system reset, seemed to work one day but the issue came back. I thought this was the same issue some described when posting that their KPA sounds different from one day to another and looses some of its overall quality. But I'm not sure about that of course. For some the system reset solved the problem.

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• fire it up the efx levels are right, fire it up the next day. the efx levels are way too low,, I raise them all,save,,,,, fire it up the next day the efx levels are way up, driving me nuts, This happenswith 3 and now with beta 4,,
    this is on all profiles,,,,,crazy,,,,

• I've also used many guitars with this, guys, and it's definitely not fret buzz or something of that nature. Reset didn't fix it unfortunately.

By now I've also compared to a range of other modelling units to help narrow down the issue. My pod xt doesn't do it. My Yamaha thr has a bit of a similar effect, but nowhere as close as the Kemper, where it gets very prominent with a range of profiles. I'd say it gets unusable for recording lines where the note is clearly heard.

I also tested an Eleven Rack and Positive Grid Bias (on Ipad) and didn't hear something of that nature.

About the OS -- I noticed this on the previous stable release as well as the current one. It could have been there before as well, but as I wasn't using headphones nearly as much I may have missed it. So I'm not sure it has to do with the OS.

• And a different guitar, pickups.. even location, direct into kemper with sinmix B13 Friedman profile.. Same stuff.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am not 100% sure but I think I remember having had that with tube pre- and amps (non digital) too. So perhaps it's not per se a problem of digital units..

This might have been buzz or fret noise then. This also ppears when the strings are getting drawn to the magnets of the pickups when these are set too high. (You probably know.) I think the noise in the OT happens due to digital issues. But again, this is just assumption... ;(

• This might have been buzz or fret noise then. This also ppears when the strings are getting drawn to the magnets of the pickups when these are set too high. (You probably know.) I think the noise in the OT happens due to digital issues. But again, this is just assumption... ;(

You could be right for the digital part but I think I'd hear if it was only string-fret buzz on the amps.. :)

• I am not 100% sure but I think I remember having had that with tube pre- and amps (non digital) too. So perhaps it's not per se a problem of digital units..

Yea, difficult to be sure with these things.. But comparing with my tubes amps, preamps, anything I have and there's no such effect. As mentioned the Yamaha thr has something that sounds a bit similar but to a considerably lesser extend.

I contacted kemper and they are trying to reproduce the issue themselves -- sent support a backup file as well as a DI.

The DI mind you is crystal clear. Diamond clear. It's so clear, clean and artifact free I don't feel like cleaning my apartment today.

But run it through a range of kemper profiles (at least with my own kemper) -- and poof, artifact fest...

• You could be right for the digital parts but I think I'd hear if it was string-fret buzz..

I assumed that ^^ . Anyway good approach to narrow things down to find the culprit.