Sinmix Friedman BE 10 artifact noise? (Update: many other profiles with same artefacts)

• Yea, when the artifacts appear and we're up live show volume.. I had some slow lead lines today and the artifact affect was a bit similar to a tube amp with dying preamp tubes. Bam bam bam artifacts coming in, almost to the beat of the song (not kidding).

I'll report back if any positive news. Hope to hear a happy update from you too! Cheerios

• If you have a problem you probably should contact support.

They are kind of how doctors are, they don't like us self diagnosing from the Internet. At least by comparing to each others issues.
    I will try to be open and understanding of that.

We could all end up KPA hypochondriacs. :D
    It could end up viral.

I am just going by my ears though. My issue seems to sound just like @Dimi84s sound clip.
    I will leave it at that for now.

I have passed the diagnosing on to the people that built this thing. They should know best.
    So I will just wait.

• The 2ND guitarist in my band is a x_Kemper owner, and he said he got artifacts, I think he was on 3.2.
    To be honest I just tried it at home and couldn't reproduce it, I remember it was Later in the night when it started, at first, I thought I'd blow my CLR speaker, it only happened with high gain sounds ( all Michael Britt profiles), checked all the usual suspects, no clipping leads all good,
    Today all good.

• The 2ND guitarist in my band is a x_Kemper owner, and he said he got artifacts, I think he was on 3.2.
    To be honest I just tried it at home and couldn't reproduce it, I remember it was Later in the night when it started, at first, I thought I'd blow my CLR speaker, it only happened with high gain sounds ( all Michael Britt profiles), checked all the usual suspects, no clipping leads all good,
    Today all good.

Which is what seems to happen for some: artifacts come and go. My friend also got the artifacts, same as mine, but his kemper seems to have reverted back to working as normal now. Mine still ill.

• Small update -- turned Kemper on (still had hopes it'll fix itself) and artifacts weren't there! At least I couldn't hear anything. Then after a few minutes of recording boom and they are back. I am not sure about this but it seems that overall tone of the unit changed a bit when this happened as well... bit more muffled? but I could be wrong. Anyone with any news from kemper yet? Cheerios :)

• Today it got worse.
    KPA is not playable anymore. The artifacts became somewhat static. Tried all kinds of resets, updates, checked guitars, cables, interface. Nothing would work. I finally opened a ticket, made a recording and a BU. Since this is my first ticket: I couldn't attach any of these files to the mail, so I guess they will be asking for a BU in their answering mail?

Another strange issue:
    Before going to the latest non-beta OS the KPA would not let me enter the system menu. Everything was greyed out and no softbutton was active. Never had this before, but the update fixed that so I could make a BU for the K-Team.

Hope they are going to solve this soon, since right now I cannot use the KPA in any way :(

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited once, last by Fireloogie ().

• Today it got worse.
    KPA is not playable anymore. The artifacts became somewhat static. Tried all kinds of resets, updates, checked guitars, cables, interface. Nothing would work. I finally opened a ticket, made a recording and a BU. Since this is my first ticket: I couldn't attach any of these files to the mail, so I guess they will be asking for a BU in their answering mail?

Another strange issue:
    Before going to the latest non-beta OS the KPA would not let me enter the system menu. Everything was greyed out and no softbutton was active. Never had this before, but the update fixed that so I could make a BU for the K-Team.

Hope they are going to solve this soon, since right now I cannot use the KPA in any way :(

Static? How does it sound exactly? Means you are getting them all the time, even if not playing?

• Static? How does it sound exactly? Means you are getting them all the time, even if not playing?

Just got asked to send a BU, wanted to record the requested wave files and found that the static noise has disappeared. Fortunately I had recorded an mp3 of that noise yesterday and sent it in, too. I never want to hear that again ;( - How does it sound... while you're recording sounds somewhat brittle (same issue I discovered) the static noise was constant. I could not even identify a change in sound when changing rigs. But this only appeared when playing.

Nevertheless, the brittle artifacts are still there. Sent in backup and wave files and hope they can reproduce it as well. Keep you informed.

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited once, last by Fireloogie ().

• I've been having artifacts for days. Only with high gain rigs. Now and then they disappear or are very subtle. I've made a few changes in the setup to check up whether the problem is not in the Kemper but I still haven't found a solution. Perhaps playing with my Strat is more forgiving, but with my Les Paul it is a bit worse. I lower the gain and the treble/presence and the noise still appears, though less obvious. It is often a brief "crick" or "tick" kind of artifact, like digital dirt in the background. The noise appears after playing a note with lots of gain, and it may appear after the attack or during the decay of the note. And it not fret buzz. A few days ago it was even worse, some longer digital noise I could hear now and then even without playing any note, as if it were some dirt lying out there and popping in and out, playing hide and seek, but always there. I though it might be the SPDIF connections, but I've heard the noise also thru headphones plugged directly into the Kemper. I'll keep on checking up. Perhaps I should record a couple of samples (direct guitar signal plus amped) to keep as proof of what is going on. It may disappear again.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I've been having artifacts for days. Only with high gain rigs. Now and then they disappear or are very subtle. I've made a few changes in the setup to check up whether the problem is not in the Kemper but I still haven't found a solution. Perhaps playing with my Strat is more forgiving, but with my Les Paul it is a bit worse. I lower the gain and the treble/presence and the noise still appears, though less obvious. It is often a brief "crick" or "tick" kind of artifact, like digital dirt in the background. The noise appears after playing a note with lots of gain, and it may appear after the attack or during the decay of the note. And it not fret buzz. A few days ago it was even worse, some longer digital noise I could hear now and then even without playing any note, as if it were some dirt lying out there and popping in and out, playing hide and seek, but always there. I though it might be the SPDIF connections, but I've heard the noise also thru headphones plugged directly into the Kemper. I'll keep on checking up. Perhaps I should record a couple of samples (direct guitar signal plus amped) to keep as proof of what is going on. It may disappear again.

@CJGOMEZ Seems to be the same issue as what we are struggling with. For me it's still the same; artifacts there, sometimes getting worse. I think you should send both a DI for kemper support to reamp as well as a backup. I did so and they mentioned having artifacts as well, hopefully pointing to this being a software issue.

• First update:
    Got feedback from support. First off, they are very zealous. Thumbs up for that. Besides some suggestions regarding various resets (which I'm gonna check once more tonight) they did a reamping of my wave file(s) and could not find any difference. I'm not sure what this means to be honest, seems like they consider my KPA healthy. Maybe I'll try to make a more obvious soundsample as I still feel the sound (while great) is brittle in the way of the OT's recording. Other than that I hope the solution to you guys' problems will solve mine incidentally^^.

One suggestion by the way is to ckeck the alternative input to assure it's not the front input. Worth checking out I guess.

Thanks for updating us! I suppose there's some chance your issue is different from mine -- in my case they did seem to think something's off. @CJGOMEZ describes what I'm experiencing perfectly.

Uhm wrong quote -- was referring to your update, @Fireloogie

• Maybe the "affected" guys can post some clips, when the sound is worst - so others have a comparison to find out, if they are infected too. Is it worse while using the new delays (someone has reported crackling issues)?

Have you tried lowering the Master Volume below 50 % - and compensate volume carefully with your mixer / soundcard??

Really hope you can get it fixed soon!