Sinmix Friedman BE 10 artifact noise? (Update: many other profiles with same artefacts)

• For those interested/dealing with similar issues: kemper support was able to reproduce the issue and said they were gonna look further into this :)

• For those interested/dealing with similar issues: kemper support was able to reproduce the issue and said they were gonna look further into this :)

Now this is good news. Since they were able to reproduce it, it seems it is a software issue and we won't have to send our KPAs in. Thx.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited once, last by Fireloogie ().

• I had this on a few profiles and found that changing the Cab fixed it.

Uhm. I'm getting it on profiles from Mbritt, sinmix, top Jimi, free profiles, my own profiles of my amps... All over apart from clean profiles for the most part. Haven't tried changing cab though. It's worth noting that my own tube amps sound normal; but the profiles have this weird digital artifact .

• Luckily I can not hear it on my kemper ... today...
    Nevertheless, now that I only "know" about such an possible issue, I have no real piece until you get a statement from kemper team. I really appreciate it, when someone reports such perceptions - that will make the kemper better and better over time. At the same time I "hate" to know about it :wacko:

Are all Output Settings proper or do change anything - maybe turn on, off pure cabinet? But I am afraid you have to wait for the analysis from kemper.

• Luckily I can not hear it on my kemper ... today...
    Nevertheless, now that I only "know" about such an possible issue, I have no real piece until you get a statement from kemper team. I really appreciate it, when someone reports such perceptions - that will make the kemper better and better over time. At the same time I "hate" to know about it :wacko:

Are all Output Settings proper or do change anything - maybe turn on, off pure cabinet? But I am afraid you have to wait for the analysis from kemper.

Pure cabinet doesn't seem to affect it. Output settings ok. Of course it may not happen at all with your kemper and hence not be a reason for concern... But for the moment being I'm back to using Bias Fx and my tube amps. My first Kemper was deemed defective by factory and was actually replaced by Thomann. Back then I had gone through such an extensive troubleshooting process.. that I'm pretty confident this is a software issue now indeed, especially since the support team was able to reproduce it using my DIs, which I've also run through a range of other modelers and amps and god knows what with no issues. And of course your kemper may not have any such issue even is the problem is software related :) Can't wait to be back to kemper! Argh! :)))))

Cheerios

• I have checked some distortion rigs today thru the Kemper headphones output and the weird digital noise problem seems to have disappeared, so it may have been a problem with the spdif interface or some connection, but it had never happened before. Got to keep on checking. It may have been some nasty gremlin I hope not to meet again.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I have been infected by this issue. To the point now it is unplayable.

I have no doubt it is the same thing.

I can't understand how it could be a software issue. Wouldn't all or most of us have this problem then?

• I have been infected by this issue. To the point now it is unplayable.

I have no doubt it is the same thing.

I can't understand how it could be a software issue. Wouldn't all or most of us have this problem then?

Well, Kemper reproduced the artifacts with my DI and backup (assuming we do have the same issue indeed). If the same thing happens with their units and there's nothing wrong with my DI (which there shouldn't be; sounded normal through tube amps, pox xt, bias fx) there's reason to think it's software-related. Going by people's accounts some noticed this happening out of random also, not even after an OS upgrade in particular.... Also I'd think this happens to more users out there, but they may not notice. I didn't notice it as much playing through a cab yesterday. But go back to a controlled studio environment and it's a big, big issue .

• It is like a mix of clipping, fuzz, and fret buzz all in one. It is most pronounced on a single string.
    Barre and power chords can mask it some.

If you were to A&B it, it would stand out like a sore thumb.

Problem is, I don't have A anymore!

It has taken away from the cleans as well. Best I can describe they don't feel as full or like they have lost a bit of clarity.

It is quite revealing now that I caught it in the act changing. A good while back I thought it was me or I screwed up a setting even though I never changed anything. Every time it sounded like this I would put my guitar down and not play left confused and disappointed.

I was like, this thing sounded so nice when I got it, what happened. Then I would pick it up another time and the magic was back and I would play for many hours.

• Also I'd think this happens to more users out there, but they may not notice

Or simply don't think it's an issue with the KPA. Happened to me. Quite a few people have been reporting about sudden issues with sound loss. Good you put up that soundclip otherwise I would still adjust my pickups^^... I will open a support ticket, too, and attach a backup for the mothership. Really hope they can solve this. Funny thing, I play the KPA nevertheless and I am still enyoing it... but of course would even more when this gets fixed permanently.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• @Dimi84

Have you gotten anywhere yet? Besides them telling you it is a software issue?

@Intrutheout I had been told they reproduced the artifacts using my DI (not directly that this is a software issue) and that the support team would look into this further. No updates since.

They did mention though back that lowering the gain of the profile a bit makes the artifacts go away. This hasn't been my experience (maybe they get a bit, very very slightly harder to hear on my kemper; sometimes they get worse too though). I just tested this now.

BTW I also profiled my fly gig Laney tube amp yesterday and again the new profile had the artifacts, which the amp did not; so no changes over here I'm afraid. Other profiles still have the issue as well. I've done everything there is to be done when it comes to troubleshooting -- rather experienced with this stuff -- and just waiting to hopefully hear news from kemper later on.

• @Intrutheout I had been told they reproduced the artifacts using my DI (not directly that this is a software issue) and that the support team would look into this further. No updates since.
    They did mention though back that lowering the gain of the profile a bit makes the artifacts go away. This hasn't been my experience (maybe they get a bit, very very slightly harder to hear on my kemper; sometimes they get worse too though). I just tested this now.

BTW I also profiled my fly gig Laney tube amp yesterday and again the new profile had the artifacts, which the amp did not; so no changes over here I'm afraid. Other profiles still have the issue as well. I've done everything there is to be done when it comes to troubleshooting -- rather experienced with this stuff -- and just waiting to hopefully hear news from kemper later on.

Sorry to hear about that. You must be much more patient than I but probably because they at least told you something.

• Sorry to hear about that. You must be much more patient than I but probably because they at least told you something.

Well, now it sounds even worse actually. Before could jam with some profiles through cab; now people asking me whether the amp is "going to explode"... I keep on going back to the kemper in the hopes that it's fixed by itself, but no luck. I'm considering sending back the unit for warranty repair, software or not being the issue. Too much time and energy wasted every time something like this happens.

Edited 2 times, last by Dimi84 ().

• Going to explode? That bad?

Mine doesn't take me to the point of fearing an explosion 8| but it is enough where I cannot play it with any clarity or enjoyment. So I don't.

Sounds like an old POS worn out amp with a flappy speaker at the moment.

The old Toyota commercial where they all jump and say, "Oh what a feeling! " is definitely gone right now.
    I want it back.

Good luck with yours.