Help with hooking up Digitech Trio Plus to Kemper >FRFR

• Hello everyone,

I plan on purchasing the Trio Plus today and I don't understand after reading some of the threads how exactly to correctly hook it up to my Kemper and FRFR Mission Gemini since the Gemini only has one input (see image below), If I am understanding correctly from some of the threads the other FRFR's (Yamaha and CLR) have two inputs which allows the correct set up with the Trio Plus.

Can anyone who owns the Trio Plus please let me know how I would connect it to my Kemper and then to my Gemini FRFR? Thanks for your help!

• I'm curious as well. For me the Kemper is new.

I'm curious how to hook it up and use both the band in a box and the Trio + looper to lay down rhythm WITH the kemper profile tone.

• Go like this:
    Guitar >> Trio + Input >> Trio Plus send >> Kemper Input >> Kemper Monitor Out >> Trio+ Return >> Trio Output >> Cab.

Thanks Ingolf! So let me see if i have this correctly.

Current Kemper Setup with adding Trio Plus.....

Kemper MAIN OUTS Left/Right (Y Cable) >>>>>FRFR Gemini "Input 1"

Keep this set up the way it is and add .....

Guitar >> Trio + Input >> Trio Plus send >> Kemper Input >> Kemper Monitor Out >> Trio+ Return >> Trio Output >> FRFR GEMINI "GUITAR IN" ( See pic..This is the only other input I could see that I could use with Trio+)

Just want to make sure I am solid on this before I buy. Thanks!

• There are other possibilities as well. You could also have 2 independent signal paths, using the Kemper's send and go from there to the Trio+ and have both paths independent.

• There are other possibilities as well. You could also have 2 independent signal paths, using the Kemper's send and go from there to the Trio+ and have both paths independent.

I do have a set of Powered Studio Monitors and I thought it may sound better if I was to separate the "bass & drums" of the Trio+ from the "guitar" of the Kemper/Gemini II but was really confused on how to do that. If you have time to type it out like you did for the 1st set up I would very much appreciate it. My guess would be ...... Guitar >> Trio + Input >> Trio Plus send >> Kemper Input >> Kemper Direct/Send Out >> Trio+ Return >> Trio Output utilizing Y CABLE>> powered studio monitors. Would this be correct?

• I do have a set of Powered Studio Monitors and I thought it may sound better if I was to separate the "bass & drums" of the Trio+ from the "guitar" of the Kemper/Gemini II but was really confused on how to do that. If you have time to type it out like you did for the 1st set up I would very much appreciate it. My guess would be ...... Guitar >> Trio + Input >> Trio Plus send >> Kemper Input >> Kemper Direct/Send Out >> Trio+ Return >> Trio Output utilizing Y CABLE>> powered studio monitors. Would this be correct?

yes, sounds good.

• HI Mateo11,

I posted this in a previous thread. Might help also...

I got my Trio plus about a month ago and have been trying different
    setups to get the best outcome from both the Trio and the Kemper.
    Im using an unpowered Kemper, a Yamaha 10 channel mixer and 2 studio monitors.

This is my preferred method:

Guitar connected to Kemper input jack
    2 cables (left & right) from the Kemper Main output into a stereo line in (left & right) on my Yamaha mixer
    A cable from the Kemper Monitor output into the Guitar in of the Trio
    A cable from the Trio Mixer out to a mono line in (left) on my Yamaha mixer
    A cable from the Trio Amp out to a mono line in (left) on my Yamaha mixer
    My studio monitors are connected to the Yamaha mixer Stereo Monitor outs (left & right)
    All volume settings on my Yamaha mixer are at 12 o'clock/no eq
    On the Kemper in the Output menu I can adjust the Main out volume
    On the Kemper in the Output menu I can adjust the Monitor out volume/eq
    I can now toggle between the Main out and the Monitor out to hear any
    volume/tone difference and use the Kemper Monitor eq (or on the Yamaha
    mixer) to remove any "tone suck"

With this set up I hear the Trio bass/drums/loop thru both monitors and
    it allows me to change rigs on the Kemper and hear the rig as I play
    over the backing track from the Trio

Hope this helps
    Cheers

• Thanks! That seems like a great way to have it set up the only issue is I don't own a Mixer :(